• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Buying and Selling a Magic

Quboid

Android Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2009
Londonderry, UK
Hello :)

Short version: if I get an HTC Magic on a Vodafone UK contract, can I immediately unlock and resell it, and then use a different handset for the contract duration?

Long version: I intend to get an HTC Hero when it is released, however, Vodafone are by far the best network for my location and they aren't getting the Hero. This means a

well im from australia, and i work for 3 mobile. we sell the htc magic. however when i bought the magic i had a sim card with the Optus network. because i knew the magic was unlocked, i bought it outright and then put my Optus sim card in it. worked fine, except had no internet. but like any phone, all u have to do is change the network settings for the phone and bobs ur uncle. so i googled the network settings for optus for the HTC dream (available on optus), and copied them into my magic. worked FINE! since then ive gotten rid of optus and im on 3, and when i put the 3 sim card in the phone all the settings automatically changed back =)

bottom line: htc magic comes unlocked. cos im pretty sure htc never lock their phones. and in terms of using internet with another carrier....every carrier has their own network settings, its just a matter of changing it on the phone itself...

hope this helps..

PEACE

Upvote 0
well im from australia, and i work for 3 mobile. we sell the htc magic. however when i bought the magic i had a sim card with the Optus network. because i knew the magic was unlocked, i bought it outright and then put my Optus sim card in it. worked fine, except had no internet. but like any phone, all u have to do is change the network settings for the phone and bobs ur uncle. so i googled the network settings for optus for the HTC dream (available on optus), and copied them into my magic. worked FINE! since then ive gotten rid of optus and im on 3, and when i put the 3 sim card in the phone all the settings automatically changed back =)

bottom line: htc magic comes unlocked. cos im pretty sure htc never lock their phones. and in terms of using internet with another carrier....every carrier has their own network settings, its just a matter of changing it on the phone itself...

hope this helps..

PEACE

Thanks for the informative post ... and

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones