• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buying Apps: Wait for ICS?

Greg32

Lurker
Jan 6, 2012
I have a Transformer Prime, so right now it is running Honeycomb, but will soon be upgrading to ICS. If I am looking at purchasing apps such as QuickOffice Pro, which cost a fair amount, am I better off waiting for apps that will be updated specifically for ICS, or will those only be released later in the year?

No need to hold off, apps are updated. Most developers for major apps will have app support for all OS versions, especially if it's an app that is bringing in a lot of money. Why take a chance losing thousands of dollars all because you didn't simply provide an update that allowed your app compatibility with another OS version. Only thing you should be waiting for is a sale to be honest, but if getting the app is something urgent just buy it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones