• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

chaos32

May 31, 2010
before i get into my buying research I just wanted to know if there were any cons i should know about...anyways I have this info so far:

Places to buy a verizon cell phone (Droid X) so far:
-BestBuy (no mail in rebate BS, all done instantly): $199
-CarToys (mail in rebate 12weeks AFTER i mail my receipt ): $99 with $100 mail in rebate so I get PAID $0.01 lol
-Verizon ($50 online discount) $150
-Walmart $10!!!!! but i think this is online only...so I'm unsure of the IN STORE price.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm purchasing this phone as an upgrade.

Anyone else have any input?

As long as you are the primary line the price from Walmart should be good. You can check Amazon, Dell, and Wirefly for online deals. Be careful, when you use a third party seller you sometime have tow early termination fees. One from VZW and one from the online seller. I would not be afraid to buy from any of them if you are comfortable with the agreement. However, there are a bunch of new phones coming in the next few months you might want to consider. The Moto Bionic, HTC Thunderbolt, and others.

Upvote 0
As long as you are the primary line the price from Walmart should be good. You can check Amazon, Dell, and Wirefly for online deals. Be careful, when you use a third party seller you sometime have tow early termination fees. One from VZW and one from the online seller. I would not be afraid to buy from any of them if you are comfortable with the agreement. However, there are a bunch of new phones coming in the next few months you might want to consider. The Moto Bionic, HTC Thunderbolt, and others.

what does the primary line have to do with the price? I noticed that as I changed it the price went up about $80. why does this affect things? Im not the primary holder, I'm a line off my dad's family plan (i feel like a child every time i say that, because im 24 and still on my dads plan) though it's my number that is eligible for the upgrade. Amazon said $99, wirefly said something similar. Cartoys has is for $99.99 with a $100 mail in rebate which is what I think I will go with. As long as they dont change that based on the fact I am not the primary line :/

Anyone know why the price goes up if you are not a primary line?

Upvote 0
because as indirects ie walmart, costco, and authorized retailers go, they get paid more from Verizon based on the price plan. On an nationwide talk and text plan 700 minutes the plan is 99.99. The primarty line is billed at 90.00 and the secondary is billed at 9.99. Verizon pays walmart more for extending the contract on a 90.00 line than they do on a 9.99 share line.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones