• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buying EVO at bestbuy?

any phone you buy from sprint comes straight out of pocket, my mother in law tried to charge a phone to her account and they wouldn't do it, at a sprint store, and i couldn't online

sucks i know

I know telesales for sure allows you to charge the phone to your account. I believe it's the same if you're an EVP customer.

For "in store," I believe they used to give the option, but maybe they don't anymore (based on your experience).

Upvote 0
How does this charge to your account work? Does your bill have to be paid in full before they can charge a phone to your account? I wanna say it varies, and depends on your limit. Am I correct?

I believe they will let you charge it to your bill if you dont have a spending limit account. If you do you have to pay for it in store. This is just what i have heard since i work at Best Buy not Sprint Corporate

BTW, since it's technically "May" already, I decided to stop by one of my local Best Buy stores to see if they had a pre-order available already, but as expected, they didn't...LOL. I'm figuring nothing will be available until after the NYC event.

As of right now we have no date or price so we will not be taking pre-orders until we have those two items

Can you charge the phone to your Sprint bill of you buy at Best Buy or can you only do that at Sprint?

No, Best Buy owns the phone inventory, so they will not let you charge it to your sprint bill.

I'm just curious if Best Buy accepts Reward Zone $$ on new items and things like phones. I don't really see why they wouldn't, but you never know. Some places have certain clauses and requirements regarding their own cash vouchers. I'd rather be safe than sorry, also I will have a better estimate of money I will need to raise this month to cover the costs.

Yes, this can be used for phone purchases. It actually discounts the cost of the product so you dont even have to pay the tax on that amount that is discounted.

Also, do you know what brand skin protectors your store carries? Are any particularly good? Is the price reasonable for them, and typically, would an employee be able to help you apply it?

At my store, we carry the ZAGG Invisible shields. We normally install the protector for the customer at no charge if you buy it with the phone. Some stores will charge 7.99 to put it on though.

I'm wondering this too, can you simply buy it and just ask a BB worker you'd prefer to take it home and open it yourself?

I don't see the big deal, but I don't want anyone's hands touching my EVO before me! :mad:

Yes if you prefer to take it how to "activate" it you can. The phone will already be activated on the account though and the contract will be resigned. The only thing that wont be done will be the programming of the phone (normally it works OTA anyways). Now if you are going to make a fuss about it, then have issues getting it programmed, dont expect the employee to be too excited to fix your problem for you lol. If you really want to be the first to touch it. Ask the employee if you can take it out of the box and put the battery in. Then he/she can verify it programs correctly. Just make sure you dont put the battery in before he has completed the activation in the system or else it sometimes messes up the OTA activation.

Upvote 0
any phone you buy from sprint comes straight out of pocket, my mother in law tried to charge a phone to her account and they wouldn't do it, at a sprint store, and i couldn't online

sucks i know

Not true. It depends on how long you have had your account and if it is in good standing. I charged my BlackBerry Tour to my account last July without issue.

Upvote 0
Not true. It depends on how long you have had your account and if it is in good standing. I charged my BlackBerry Tour to my account last July without issue.

how come i am the only one with this problem, i am in completely good standings and have paid my on time all the time, also had my plan for over a year.

did you do yours in a sprint store or online?

can you tell me how it worked for you? because i would like to be able to charge a phone to my account, does it also work for accessories?

thank you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones