• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Buying HTC Magic

mirceal

Lurker
Sep 13, 2009
Hello guys,

I am planning to enter the Android World buying a HTC Magic.

But I am thinking: is the case to change Windows Mobile(I have a HTC TT2) to Android?

I have to pay around 350Euro. Is it worth?

I spent a lot of time studying the Magic Specs.

For instance I don't know if the resolution of Magic is enough to run clips from YouTube at reasonable quality.

I heard that filling of touchiness on Magic/Android is very close to iPhone. This is attracting me. I have to recognize that I would like to have an iPhone, but it is too expensive for my budget.

Can you share with me your impression related to HTC MAgic?

BR,
Mircea / Romania

Hello guys,

I am planning to enter the Android World buying a HTC Magic.

But I am thinking: is the case to change Windows Mobile(I have a HTC TT2) to Android?

I have to pay around 350Euro. Is it worth?

I spent a lot of time studying the Magic Specs.

For instance I don't know if the resolution of Magic is enough to run clips from YouTube at reasonable quality.

I heard that filling of touchiness on Magic/Android is very close to iPhone. This is attracting me. I have to recognize that I would like to have an iPhone, but it is too expensive for my budget.

Can you share with me your impression related to HTC MAgic?

BR,
Mircea / Romania

The resolution that youTube videos are stored at is much lower than the capibility of the phone ... so you will not have any worse or better quality than if you viewed the video on a pc ...

Upvote 0
I have a HTC Magic and Trust me when I say it is simply the best phone I have ever had so far with Much potential for the Future.

The touch screen is impressively nice to use , Easy to navigate and very responsive

I would highly recommend! & If you have any more questions do fire away :D

Carl C :)

Upvote 0
i regret buying it. A lot of basic features are not available. It is not possible to save contacts on the simcard, it is not possible to push contacts to the car phonebook. it is not possible to save internetpictures to the phone. On other phones this is a basic feature.

I store pictures for all my contacts in Google contacts and that gets propagated to my HTC Magic.
I store shortcuts to all my key contacts(with their pictures) on an unused homepage via AnyCut (available for free from the market).
I have no issue storing my phonebook on my car's bluetooth.
HTC Magic - best I've owned, so far.

Upvote 0
Hi Ramshackle,

I checked you suggestion and it worked. Thanx!! In my defence, i asked the HTC helpdesk about the downloadproblem and the told me it was not possible. Also nothing is mentioned in the manual! So thanx again fot giving me this solution!!

Jacktheman18,

You say you have no problems storing your phonebook on the car. I have to send my contacts from the phone to the car. I cannot discover a solution on the phone, or an app that provides this. What have you done to get this done???

If this als works, then i think i have to change my opinion from a crappy phone to a great phone :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones