1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Buying new old stcok

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by reye, Jan 14, 2016.

1. reye

reye Lurker

Hi. I have a question I can't seem to find an answer for. I want to buy a brand new but discontinued model Android phone on ebay that hasn't been made in several years. I'm wondering if I will have a problem with the battery being that it has been stored without use for all this time? It has a non removable battery. I also plan on keeping the phone in storage until my current phone dies. Is this not a good idea? Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

What model phone is it? Which carrier?

I have bought phones that have been discontinued but they had removeable batteries and there were many places to get new batteries.

Personally, I would not buy an older phone that did not have a replaceable battery.

#2 tube517, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  3. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Yes it doesn't make sense to buy an old phone that you can't replace the battery.

tube517 likes this.
  4. reye

reye Lurker

Thanks, it's a Droid Maxx. Too bad because I really like the phone, it does everything I need it to do well. I'm an older guy and not interested in the latest and greatest thing out. I tend to try to stick with tried and true things if possible, and of all the phones I've had this one has been the most bulletproff and reliable. Oh well, thanks for the input.