1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Buying Nexus 7 32GB

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pcgamer45, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Pcgamer45

Pcgamer45 Lurker

Ok if i Buy Nexus 7 tablet I'm newbie on tablets.
    If i get this new do i get 4.1 jellybean??

2. homegeek

homegeek Well-Known Member

The advantage of buying a Nexus device is you get the very latest version of Android. Right now that current version is 4.2.1

3. Pcgamer45

Pcgamer45 Lurker

oh so i have to downgrade to get the PS3 controller to work :(

4. homegeek

homegeek Well-Known Member

Possibly, When I bought my Nexus about a week ago it came with 4.1.1 and then I was prompted for the updates to 4.2.1. So if you buy one now it might not have 4.2.1 on it already.

5. Pcgamer45

Pcgamer45 Lurker

Hope and pray anyways it pain to downgrade when has 4.2.1 thanks anyways you have been good help.:)

6. ndoren

ndoren Well-Known Member

I bought mine Saturday (Dec. 29) at a local staples. They'd just gotten a "new shipment." Mine had 4.1.1 installed, and wanted to update to 4.2.1 about 20 minutes after I'd configured it. There is hope that the one you purchase may not yet be updated. No guarantees. Though I can't imagine they're going to to back and update the warehouse stockpiles before they're shipped to the retail stores.

7. sntaylor

sntaylor Android Expert

IGot Mine Directly From Play Store, It Was Shipped On 28Th December, It Had 4.1.2!

8. Demache

Demache Android Expert

Why would you have to downgrade? I haven't heard of the PS3 controller not working in 4.2.1. At least the wired 360 controller works, I know that for a fact.

9. The Guest

The Guest Lurker

I'm on 4.2.1 and the ps3 controller works perfect. I had to configure the controller using my PC tho...