1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Buying used phone

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by chawski, Jul 23, 2011.

1. chawski

chawski Android Enthusiast
    None

May 19, 2010
    I currently have a htc hero and have found some really great deals on a few Evos, which I would love to buy. If I do buy an Evo, how would that affect my contract, seeing as the evo's contract has the extra $10 charge? Would I see that extra "4g" (or new smartphone) in my bill, or would it remain the same price?

Advertisement

2. BenChase7

BenChase7 Android Expert
    None

Jun 16, 2010
    Male
    RN
    Phoenix

Your contract will not be extended nor will your upgrade date be changed. However, I believe you will have to pay the 10 dollar premium data fee.

3. rambo47

rambo47 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 26, 2010
    Denville, NJ.
    Yes, the $10 "premium data fee" will be added as a prerequisite to activating your new phone. To date, nobody has gotten the $10 fee waived.

In order to switch phones from your Hero to a new Evo (or any other phone) you'll have to call Sprint. The online phone management process will fail and you'll have to speak to a rep. @ 1-888-211-4727 from a landline or different cell phone. They have to speak to you and get verbal confirmation that you understand the new charge will be in effect. Simple process, takes about 5 minutes, and your new phone will be active when you hang up.

chawski likes this.
  4. chawski

chawski Android Enthusiast
    None

May 19, 2010
    i think if thats the case, Ill just buy a new one new from sprint/amazon/BB, as I have a full upgrade. Figured it was worth seeing if I could get around the $10 (yea, i realized it was a long-shot). On the bright side, its still cheaper than any other carrier so i suppose its still a win