1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Buzzing/Popping sound when using headphones

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DesertBee, Sep 22, 2011.

1. DesertBee

DesertBee Lurker
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    On my Nexus S 4G, this seems to be a problem only when using headphones (happens with both pairs of headphones I have tried), not with the speaker.

While listening to music, I get a buzzing sound intermittently through the headphones. Duration of one second or less. Sometimes it's rather frequent, other times it's a few minutes or more in between. It does not seem to be related to the positioning of the plug or anything obviously "physical."

Anyone else have this issue? Is my phone defective and I should try to get it addressed while the phone is just a few weeks old?:thinking:

Advertisement

2. djcr33p

djcr33p Lurker
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    Hey there,

I have the opposite problem, headphones are perfectly fine but when I connect a jack to my stereo I get a loud buzz and barely any audio. Not sure if it's the way the nexus manages line-out/headphone detection... I've got the nexus collab ROM on mine. Are you using vanilla?

Anyone else experiencing this?

3. DesertBee

DesertBee Lurker
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    I'm such a newbie - I don't even know what "vanilla" means.

Since I got my phone, I haven't done anything besides install some apps (no rooting). Does that answer your question?

4. djcr33p

djcr33p Lurker
    None

Oct 28, 2009

Don't worry fella, vanilla just means stock or plain android, no rom, no overlay such as sense or touchwiz etc.

I'm considering bluetoothing my way around this problem...

Tags: