1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Buzzing sound while shooting a video

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by frusciante54, Jun 16, 2017.

1. frusciante54

frusciante54 Member

I've just recently discovered this issue. When I look at my older videos that I've shot there isn't any annoying sound but recently it started. For instance, this video right here, I don't know how to describe it but it sounds like there's a car engine inside my phone...

https://goo.gl/photos/9Nwfku6ZCCKkbuALA

I don't know if this is about the microphone. By the way, when I plug my earphones with the michrophone on it, it doesn't use the earphone's microphone. I tested it. It picks up the sound from it's built in microphone while shooting a video. I don't know why because when I make calls, record my voice through an app or send a voice message via WhatsApp it uses the earphone's mic.

And I don't know what I've done differently in other videos, but they don't have that sound. I've tried different resolutions but didn't work. I tried shooting videos with and without the earphones, no change at all.

And normally my built-in mic doesn't have a problem because when I record my voice, there is no sound like that in the sound file. The problem shows up when I record a video.

What could be the cause of this? Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download