1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

By far the best Android device I have owned

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TMacgnolia, Oct 6, 2017.

1. TMacgnolia

TMacgnolia Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 10, 2015
    Male
    I know the Pixel has been out for several months now. But I have had about 15 different high end flagship Android devices in the past 6 years. I have to say as far as performance, speed, display, camera, battery life, and charging it is by far the best Android device I have ever owned. There is only one regret I have, which is a big one, and that is I bought my Pixel XL from Verizon. But I am still hoping for a exploit to be found to unlock the bootloader and allow rooting on the latest firmware. Also sorry if a lot of posts like this have been made but I figured this would be a good post for my first post in the Pixel XL forums here.

Advertisement

lunatic59 and caissonpoint like this.
  2. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Jul 25, 2012
    Drafter
    This has been my favorite device too! That's a bummer you got the Verizon version when you are interested in rooting. There used to be an exploit for the Verizon version but it was patched pretty quickly.

I have been rooted since the day chainfire released it. I considered keeping this as my first unrooted device, but I missed AdAway and TiBu too much.

3. caissonpoint

caissonpoint Lurker
    None

Oct 10, 2017
    Same here! I got mine a few weeks ago, coming from a Nexus 6P and prior to that several years/iterations of the iPhone. It's such a joy, I love this device. Feeling a little bit of upgrade-itis after the Pixel 2 release but I'm still in the honeymoon stage with my XL and see no valid reason for why I'd need to upgrade just yet. Enjoy yours! These phones are dope.

TMacgnolia likes this.