1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

By request...My boot animation.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Apache Thunder, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder Android Enthusiast

I received a request for my boot animation. Couldn't really find another thread for this since the boot animation gallery thread I did find was in the Droid section of the forums. I designed this boot animation for my Prevail, so I'll keep it here.

Screenshot of boot screen: (this boot screen is meant for standard portrait aspect ratio. ;) )

[​IMG]

The poweron.snd file goes to the system/etc folder. There is an existing one. If you don't want to lose the stock one, be sure to back it up before replacing it. Stock Prevail does not come with a bootanimation.zip file (since stock prevail didn't support them in the first place) so you won't have to worry about that. Delete the stock QMG files you find in the system/media folder if you don't want the stock ones to play along with the custom animation. ;)

I'll post up a video of the animation as soon as I can get a decent enough recording of it.

I've attached the zip archive containing both the boot sound and the bootanimation zip file. Extract the zip file and place the boot animation zip to the system/media folder in your phone. (need root or ADB to install to system directories!)

Do NOT extract the bootanimation.zip archive that is inside the initial zip file you download. that one stays zipped up. ;)

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Android Expert

looks cool man. nice job on it.

3. Apache Thunder

Here's a video of the animation to give you an idea as to what to expect: (sorry for the blurryness. My webcam does not have manual focus or auto focus and I'm stuck with a fixed focus camera. I may get a new one at some point.)

:D

ratjr15 likes this.
  4. Apache Thunder

Here's another boot animation I am working on. I finished it, but the audio doesn't sync perfectly on the Prevail. Perhaps due to video lag. The animation is 18 seconds long with a matching power on sound. (animation is set up to run at 30 FPS)

If any one can fix the audio sync, that would be great. I added on silence to make it start near the beginning of the animation, but I can't seem to get it right. :(

This animation will play in widescreen mode and not portrait mode. (mainly because there wouldn't be enough room for the Angry Birds to play havok in. :p)

The youtube description explains how I made it. :D

Download link: (hint: the level editor I used I have hosted on the same file host this file is on. ;) )

AngryBirdsAnimation.zip

Preview Video:

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews