1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bye Bye HTC Desire

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jocamryn, Aug 19, 2012.

1. jocamryn

jocamryn Lurker

3 days ago I acquired a Galaxy S III.

WHAT an upgrade!!

DrWolodya likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Yup! The gsm international s3 is even more of an upgrade if you don't care about LTE

3. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

Just under 3 weeks before I upgrade to SGS3 now! From all the reviews / comments, I cannot wait!

4. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Welcome to the darkside

5. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Android Expert

Gone to the dark side have we? What was wrong with a HTC one? Lol. I love my HTC sensation which was the natural upgrade at the time

6. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

I do like the look and feel of the One X (the only one of the series I'd consider) but I'm afraid HTC have taken themselves out of the running by not giving me access to the battery or expandable memory. I'm afraid that was the true clincher as if they did have both, chances are I would have remained loyal to HTC as a the Desire as been superb. Not to mention these recent reports regarding HTC struggling financially.
    Oh and the SGS3 is a fantastic piece of tech.

7. jay_kay

jay_kay Android Enthusiast

I've gone down the route of keep keeping my Desire for the meantime and getting a Nexus 7. I now use my Desire as a phone on site during the day and the gorgeous Nexus 7 the rest of the time :)

Could not be happier with my ickle tab. It's so bloody quick with no lag, has a gorgeous screen and a great battery life. I've never been into games on my devices but I've put this through its paces with some top games and its not even broken a sweat.

Can't fault the Nexus 7 in any way and would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a seriously powerful but relatively cheap option to put their Desire into semi retirement :)

8. GStadium

GStadium Newbie

My feeling exactly. I really would have liked to stay with HTC but my main problem with my 2 year old Desire was lack of memory - it was constantly reporting itself low on RAM although I hadn't downloaded a new app for about a year, it was just the updates using all its capacity. Bearing that in mind, the lack of removable storage *and* a replaceable battery ruled out the HTC One X for me, and I opted for the Samsung S3 instead. The last thing I want is a more "iPhone-like" phone and, with those important omissions on the top of the range model, HTC seemed to me to be moving in that direction.

9. spile

spile Android Enthusiast

I've solved that on my desire by partitioning my SD Card and installing S2e.
    My RAM has gone up from 12Mb to 72Mb!

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews