• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

bye to the motorola triumph!

jaimesco

Mar 17, 2012
I just got an amaze 4g and well I would like to thank all the devs for their support I mean without them I wouldn't have a an awesome phone. Well I just wanted to tell people that they should change companies virgin mobile is not going to change their crappy service so which should you be there.Anyways thanks for the support hope to see austrie or other devs working on roms for the HTC amaze lol

Well i pay 35 dollars and get horrible service, why not change to t mobile i just got the htc amaze and im using it and it is a million times better than this crappy phone. It might be just my experience but the triumph was the worst phone i ever owned. Anyways thanks to all the developers that made this phone at least somewhat enjoyable, it was quite a ride.. Im still going to check this forum here or there because im still going to have this phone, and i really do hope that virgin mobile steps up there game.

Upvote 0
Just so everyone knows, Virgin Mobile is going to discontinue the old plans ($25/month) for any new smartphones that you swap with by May 27th. This also includes those of us that are grandfathered in.

If you do not plan on upgrading to a different phone with Virgin Mobile, then you will keep the $25/month plan until you discontinue the plan or switch to a new phone after May 27th.

I think that Virgin Mobile will probably be pushing out their new phones (HTC One V, Evo 3D, or whichever phone they do release...) at around June. I am only basing this off their change in grandfathered plans.

Source

TL/DR: If you have a grandfathered plan ($25/month), you keep it (unless you upgrade to a newer phone after May 27).

Edit: You can upgrade to any phone that was released before May 27th and still keep the grandfathered plan of $25/month. But any phone released after May 27th, will get you on their new priced plans ($35/month).

Upvote 0
Just so everyone knows, Virgin Mobile is going to discontinue the old plans ($25/month) for any new smartphones that you swap with by May 27th. This also includes those of us that are grandfathered in.

If you do not plan on upgrading to a different phone with Virgin Mobile, then you will keep the $25/month plan until you discontinue the plan or switch to a new phone after May 27th.

I think that Virgin Mobile will probably be pushing out their new phones (HTC One V, Evo 3D, or whichever phone they do release...) at around June. I am only basing this off their change in grandfathered plans.

Source

TL/DR: If you have a grandfathered plan ($25/month), you keep it (unless you upgrade to a newer phone after May 27).

Edit: You can upgrade to any phone that was released before May 27th and still keep the grandfathered plan of $25/month. But any phone released after May 27th, will get you on their new priced plans ($35/month).

Hey so if I bought a Triumph, even after May 27th, I can keep my $25/mo? Is that an official statement? BTW I'll buy the triumph lol I have the Optimus V, but I want a bigger screen :) and where did you buy a triumph for $125!??

Upvote 0
Hey so if I bought a Triumph, even after May 27th, I can keep my $25/mo? Is that an official statement? BTW I'll buy the triumph lol I have the Optimus V, but I want a bigger screen :) and where did you buy a triumph for $125!??

Yes you can keep your plan even when upgrading to a phone that was on vm before may 27th.

And black friday the MT was $150 from vm but there were codes that would allow you gto get it for cheaper.

Upvote 0

Yes, since the Triumph came out before May 27th, you should be able to swap and still keep your plan. However, I would wait until Virgin Mobile releases an official statement regarding the stipulations of this new news.

Upvote 0
People forget what a phone is actually used for...to make calls. Texting was a nice addition but some people call a phone trash when it can't play a certain game. People are brainwashed into always having the latest and greatest..for what? Your image? Geez just find a phone and stick with it. Im more than happy with my Triumph, it does all the basic functions quite well at an unbelievable $25 a month. I know I will have someone attacking me after this but this is my opinion (rant)

Reactions: thebryceee
Upvote 0
People forget what a phone is actually used for...to make calls. Texting was a nice addition but some people call a phone trash when it can't play a certain game. People are brainwashed into always having the latest and greatest..for what? Your image? Geez just find a phone and stick with it. Im more than happy with my Triumph, it does all the basic functions quite well at an unbelievable $25 a month. I know I will have someone attacking me after this but this is my opinion (rant)
This was sold and marketed as a smartphone,not a feature or basic phone,if people who purchased the truimph just wanted it to do was make calls that is a real waste of money,some also want a reliable service,VM somewhat failed at this,i live in NJ,home of Verizon and VM,the phone service worked great,but the data speeds where not something i could live with,or having to mess around with the Truimph to get things that should have been fixed and addressed to start.I moved on to Verizon and do not mind paying the extra for a superior phone and service.

Upvote 0
This was sold and marketed as a smartphone,not a feature or basic phone,if people who purchased the truimph just wanted it to do was make calls that is a real waste of money,some also want a reliable service,VM somewhat failed at this,i live in NJ,home of Verizon and VM,the phone service worked great,but the data speeds where not something i could live with,or having to mess around with the Truimph to get things that should have been fixed and addressed to start.I moved on to Verizon and do not mind paying the extra for a superior phone and service.

But people in different areas have different experiences, I live in pa, and my service is pretty nice, I never lose 3g, even when I have no signal I still have 3g, although I usually have 3 bars to full service all the time, and typically on 3g I get between 750kbps to 1.5mbps, I also have wireless in my home which allows much faster speeds, so although there's a few games I might not be able to play I'm fine with that, for me anyway filling the phone with games causes me to use it more which equals less battery

Not to mention for me going with cm7-reloaded may have made a few games not as responsive, but made everything else 1000% better

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones