• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BYOD in Atlanta?

Just left the metro pcs store. And got my skyrocket turned on. Speed tests are as followed. It took about 30mins for 4g to settle in. I'm in Conyers,ga right now and I know when I get back on the south side speeds will be better.

Attachments

• 1374530956837.jpg
    1374530956837.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 45
Upvote 0
Just left the metro pcs store. And got my skyrocket turned on. Speed tests are as followed. It took about 30mins for 4g to settle in. I'm in Conyers,ga right now and I know when I get back on the south side speeds will be better.
Looking at that screen shot I would say thats on refarmed HSPA and not on LTE and considering that the phone should not have AWS HSPA your actual downloads can very by quite a bit.

Do you see its only getting 2 bars of service, now consider that refarmed (1900) wont have the DC so your looking at (with full bars) under 15mbs.

Now when you have a LTE signal your speeds should be damn good.

Reactions: Mexjoker
Upvote 0
Looking at that screen shot I would say thats on refarmed HSPA and not on LTE and considering that the phone should not have AWS HSPA your actual downloads can very by quite a bit.

Do you see its only getting 2 bars of service, now consider that refarmed (1900) wont have the DC so your looking at (with full bars) under 15mbs.

Now when you have a LTE signal your speeds should be damn good.

Laymans term please? :p

Upvote 0
Laymans term please? :p
:p:D

OK simplest terms with the phone he is using he does not get tmobiles normal HSPA+ but because tmobile has reworked some of the towers to broadcast HSPA on 1900 frequency, AT&T normal frequency he will pick up faster speeds then what he would if he lived where 1900 is only broadcasting edge signal (2G)

But the SkyRocket is LTE capable and at&t uses 700 mhz and AWS (1700/2100) for LTE which is good because tmobile uses AWS (1700/2100).

So for recap he can pick up LTE if he is near a LTE ready tower and it will be fast. but for the rest of the time its going to be under 14mbs down probably under 8mbs down

Reactions: BigKeenan
Upvote 0
:p:D

OK simplest terms with the phone he is using he does not get tmobiles normal HSPA+ but because tmobile has reworked some of the towers to broadcast HSPA on 1900 frequency, AT&T normal frequency he will pick up faster speeds then what he would if he lived where 1900 is only broadcasting edge signal (2G)

But the SkyRocket is LTE capable and at&t uses 700 mhz and AWS (1700/2100) for LTE which is good because tmobile uses AWS (1700/2100).

So for recap he can pick up LTE if he is near a LTE ready tower and it will be fast. but for the rest of the time its going to be under 14mbs down probably under 8mbs down

Thanks! Haha :D

So I will have to get a phone that can use AWS 1700/2100?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones