• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

fnxjames

Lurker
Sep 9, 2011
to bypass the activation on the Droid Bionic launch into safe mode by powering down the device and powering it back up, once the droid eye appears press and hold the volume up and down buttons simutaniously till you see the green android guy, then tap the corners of the screen starting at the top left and going clockwise around. skip the setup and enjoy guys

-fnxjames

Reactions: squeezix
I couldn't get this to work at first. I think this is how I finally succeeded:

1) When tapping the top left and top right, do the taps immediately =below= the icon bar, not all the way up in the corners.

2) When tapping the bottom right and bottom left, do the taps immediately =above= the gray emergency dialer/change language bar, not all the way down in the corners.

My thanks to someone-anonymous on Tumblr for step #2 there, and to fnxjames. I now happily (well, semi-happily) copying all of my setup information over from my old DX2 to my new Bionic... hope the switch is worth the work.

Upvote 0
What's the purpose of bypassing activation?
One example, for those of us who have had to recover a stock system after tweaking something that shouldn't have been tweaked.
In that situation, I just want to get to a home screen, turn on USB debugging so I can root, install bootstrap and recover my previous system. Signing into google, backup manager, having the phone try to sync etc. can be rather frustrating when you have to do it multiple times in one evening. :D

Upvote 0
One example, for those of us who have had to recover a stock system after tweaking something that shouldn't have been tweaked.
In that situation, I just want to get to a home screen, turn on USB debugging so I can root, install bootstrap and recover my previous system. Signing into google, backup manager, having the phone try to sync etc. can be rather frustrating when you have to do it multiple times in one evening. :D

Gotcha. Was curious.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones