1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Bypass battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ronhero, May 22, 2012.

1. Ronhero

Ronhero Newbie
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    I was wondering if there was any way I could jump the pins or bypass the battery so I can hone in on if it is the phone or the battery causing it not to charge or turn on (Have tried multiple outlets and multiple chargers)

Advertisement

2. BLuFeNiX

BLuFeNiX Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 16, 2012
    The best way would be to get a multimeter and read the voltage of the battery. It should register around 3.7 for a full charge. However, this only tests the voltage, since the battery isn't under load. Try using the battery to power another device/phone/etc.

To test the phone it self, you would need a variable DC power supply. Set the voltage to 3.7 at the most, otherwise you may damage the phone. You could set it lower if you want. Anything above 2.8 will probably work, but that's just a guess. Under-voltage will not damage anything. If the phone operates on the DC power supply, then the battery is bad.

If the battery is bad, you may want to try taking it through a charge cycle or overcharging it with the DC power supply (if the battery is already hosed, you may as well attempt), just make sure you test any self-repaired batteries before you use them in your phone.

Good luck!

smith058 likes this.