1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

C degrees to F on an international Android?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Tallmike00, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Tallmike00

Tallmike00 Newbie

I have been playing a bit with my new Samsung Tab 7.7. It came with an Accuweather app, which I like, but the temperatures show up in Celcius degrees, unlike if I visit accuweather.com using my laptop.

I tried "settings" but that got me nowhere. Is there a way to revert this back to Fahrenheit degrees? Thank you ahead of time.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Tallmike00

Tallmike00 Newbie

I played with the tablet a little bit last night and this problem still has me perplexed. I opened accuweather.com last night and on the website I found a menu and selected for F degrees. From there on everything at accuweather was in F but the app on the tablet which shows temperatures remained in C. There has to be a setting somewhere.

Anyone?

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

You mean the default Accuweather widget from Samsung? I probably have the same app as you since I got the 7.0 Plus (released around the same time as 7.7). Basically, open the widget, click the menu button on the upper right corner (looks like three parallel horizontal lines)>choose settings>then under the "General" tab you can switch between C and F.

4. Tallmike00

Tallmike00 Newbie

Thank you very much! Reading F degrees now. It was a "gosh, if it had been a snake you'd have been bitten" moment.

I was just down visiting a work cohort who has had a tablet computer since last Christmas and he was showing me the amazing power of his combination Android based tablet, cell phone, and going to Google through the internet with his desktop and then synching everything. He showed me what to do as well and then I really felt the "duh" kick in prior to coming back to my office and finding your reply. So... again, I thank you.

I have a couple pretty sophisticated combination charting GPS-Fishfinder units on my boat and I got them down pat so I know I just need to spend time going through apps and widgets.