• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root C-ROM Version 1.0 Beta 2 - Gingerbread GREATNESS

dew912

Android Enthusiast
Dec 9, 2009
CROM Beta Version 1.0 Beta 2 (Pronounced C-ROM)
Android 2.3.2 Gingerbread
Download link: CROM1Beta2-update.zip

Enjoy, and I've yet to decide on a charity for this version of the ROM. Please post suggestions...

Here's are the features:

Fully functional (I think...)
Raidzero 1000Mhz Kernel
Lock screen music controls
Long press music controls
Reboot Menu with Recovery
Full Screen Browser
Browser Option to hide Zoom Controls
Headset icon
Screen off animation
Smoked Glass Widgets
Widget Menu Grouped
FLAC File support (Music)
No restrictions on Download file types
Latest version of all Google Apps included
Gingerbread port of Eliot Stocker Music App
Stock Sound Recorder shows in Launcher
Stock Camcorder shows in Launcher
Cyanogen's DeskClock & Camera Apps
Notes Widget, Slide Show Widget, World Clock Widget, File Manager
All ads blocked (browser & apps)
A lot of notification/ringtones.
Wifi Scan = 90 seconds (battery saver)
Ringtone Delay Fix
High Quality Video Recording
Green Progress bar (volume)
Wired/Wireless Tether both work (tested, but not included)
SuperUser & Busybox

Download link: CROM1Beta2-update.zip

I really hope you live in the West Coast and didn't stay up all night working on this :eek:
Anyways thanks for the great work. I actually picked up a copy of Android App Development for Dummies yesterday. Really pysched about getting into the nitty gritty of Android :D

Edit:
I see you added all latest GApps... does that include the new market?

Upvote 0
Wiped data/cache, etc. and installed.

Camcorder works but recordings (in high quality modes) is really choppy.

Just tried to USB sync and same result as beta 1 - sync screen pops up and then returns to dock mode - no joy there.

Still saw small bug w/power widget that resolves when you activate bluetooth.

Haven't tried bluetooth voice dialing volume issue I saw in beta 1.

Gmail notifications seem slower in test. Indicator lights also don't appear to function but haven't yet wiped Dalvik after install.

Upvote 0
Fastest ROM Ever!
But my phone runs a little warm and the already mentioned issue with the power widget.
Have cleared data/cache.

Dew, this thing is stupid-fast!!!
Only thing was the power widget did not populate immediately. Still had to manually toggle wi-fi to fix. NOT a big deal.

For this issue, just toggle WiFi or Bluetooth On/Off in the settings then go back tot he homescreen. That should fix the issue.

Upvote 0
Wiped data/cache, etc. and installed.

Camcorder works but recordings (in high quality modes) is really choppy.

Just tried to USB sync and same result as beta 1 - sync screen pops up and then returns to dock mode - no joy there.

Still saw small bug w/power widget that resolves when you activate bluetooth.

Haven't tried bluetooth voice dialing volume issue I saw in beta 1.

Gmail notifications seem slower in test. Indicator lights also don't appear to function but haven't yet wiped Dalvik after install.

Exact same isue with the camcorder. It has to work for me so I really have not tested much else.

Upvote 0
Exact same isue with the camcorder. It has to work for me so I really have not tested much else.

Before installing, wipe data, cache davlik cache and format boot & system manually under the partitions menu in clockworkmod recovery.

Install the zip.

Use for 24 hours. You should not have this issue. Are you using stock sd card?

Upvote 0
What is wrong with the market? Applications that I previously purchased on the phone do not show up when I search for them. I went to the online android market on the computer "https://market.android.com", and it says that the app is not compatible with the droid. This does not make any sense as it worked on charity rom 11. Anybody shed any light on this?

Upvote 0
Tried it on another Droid. Same results as mine. Too bad, I like the ROM. But I need that indicator light in Handcent. But any new advice and new versions, I'll try.

wipe davlik cache, format boot & system, format data&cache, and wipe cache before installing. i have no problems with lights and i'm running the same exact rom as you guys are.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones