• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Just got the commando yesterday for a valentines gift . I when found this site to day as I learned that the unit didn't work with windows, but worked with OSX.. How ever, I am missing the internet drivers. Specifically it says that I am missing the "Ethernet" Drivers.
and I would like to be able to tether Commando. as I have a machine that does not have wireless capabilities.
I'll be book marking this page :)
PS, as with any and all devices, I turn off Auto updates :)

I am typing this from the freshly installed drivers
First and for most I never update the devices and I disable all auto Updates and I ignore all Nagging of "UPDATE ME" and I disable the notifications as well.

1) I obtained drivers from this site
UPDATE:
Phone Tethering didn't work in OSX. But works in Windows.
2)I place the Phone into "Charge Only" Mode (Verizon's secret words for..I do much more then charge your Phone).
3) I downloaded the C771 drivers, from this site. at the End of the install I leave it as is.
4) I allowed PDA NET to load its better half on the phone.

I Now can access online..there is a work around for checking a secured site, but I will not post it here..Google is your friend :)
I must also add one little note: Hot Spot Wifi does not work as of yet on Casio based hardware.
I much rather pay a one time fee, then a but load of monthly fees.

The commando, has proven to be a reliable and worthy phone for me as it can and will run SkypeVideo, U stream and a great deal of other things..so Far I haven't got it to wash the dishes as of yet..let me know when an app comes out for that lol.
Once again the Device must be placed in "Charge Only" mode for it go online via USB.

Reactions: kameron42312
Upvote 0
I hope this might be helpful for you guys...it was a heck of a download
CASIO G'zOne COMMANDO
Let me know if this is what you all were looking for if it was a dead end.

Well, it depends... Are you trying to build Android/the kernel from source? If you are, good find! If you have no clue what source means or how to build a Android/kernel, it's kinda useless to you...

(I already have this, and we'll be playing around with this, but for the average user... hell for a power user, it's about as useful as a zip disk. (if anybody out there gets offended because I just made fun of zipdiska a) grow up or b) we have the technology, upgrade)) :p

Pax

Upvote 0
When I unplug my usb cord and re-plug, I get the following message window on my pc: driver software installation

Your devices are ready to use

The software for this device has been successfully installed.

CASIO C771 USB Composite Device Ready to use
USB Mass storage Device Ready to use
CASIO C771 Android ADB Interface Ready to use
CASIO CDROM USB Device Ready to use

I am missing the CDROM, It comes and it goes not sure why.
It seems that the CDROM (virtual that is)pops up when the device is plugged in at first, then it disappears after 10 seconds, I think that is part of the reset, sort of like how some PCs have an image driver for re-installing there os..

Upvote 0
Mucho Gracia. Where can I send the check to? May I kiss your ring? Fought with this and fought with it - something so bloody simple as a USB connection should work straight out of the box. Thanks again, checks in the mail. You ought to charge Verizon and Casio - big Money...

It is hard to believe that they only allow access to Virtual drive when in mass Storage mode for like 10 seconds. then the other mount goes into effect.

the way I see it is that this was Verizon' attempt to give us a teaser.
felt like the game "Catch me if you can".

all I can say is weird..

it is also a shame to say that the only real ad blocker is the one where we have to root our phones.
To me my phone should be bombarded with ads that use the data as they wish. This isn't cool cause if those ads and programs activate , that can add up fast. Not Cool. and the more that I think about this, the more I am inclined that Verizon nor any other cell company wishes to stop these..

I feel it to e unfair to the consumers that our devices have become "Bots" be it the tablet of cell Phones, there was a time when such acts were not legal, so I though. or you could simply remove the adds form the offending software.

In truth I feel like were invaded and not to have a choice when not rooted on what app access what, that is not cool. I understand time based trials, I can understand ads on line, But for crying out loud.Gives us a break.

I am seriously considering that app that requires the ads to end and cease once and for all..

oh and I hope once paying for an item stops the ads if not then there needs to be serious discussion in the telecommunications community with regards to this.

Other then that, I find that the commando meets a lot of my needs, here n the Pacific NW we get lots of wet and I do mean wet weather, we have a lot of creeks and such.. it is nice to know that I can just get on the phone with out having to dive for cover cause the thing is designed to get wet.

It is nice to be able to film out doors in a storm and get a decent shot, 5 megapixels is a lot better then some of the 3 megs.

How it encodes its video and such is nice to.

I see that Verizon has an entire line of the rugged devices.
and free was a good price..My fiance found one sight that had the unit for free, Verizon upgrade was free, and it didn't last for long. I noticed that they have deals one day and 2-3 days later they are gone.

I chose to purchase the additional insurance as well should I do wind up losing the thing or dropping or something...

at any rate thanks for the drivers..I am head into the forums and looks deeper here..this is proving to be an interesting site. with some valuable information.

Upvote 0
The drivers are a God send. TYVM~~!!~~ work great for Win7....still can't make them work in Win XP.... but I think AirDroid has fixed the need for tethering.

Yup it doesn't work on XP. It takes literally 10 minutes to connect to the computer. XP needs a good driver.

Finally I found a driver that works for XP. Now easy to access SD card and now I can finally charge with my computer.
Downloads / Software : Support | NEC CASIO Mobile Communications, Ltd.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones