• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help C771 Locked/Brinked? Not Sure

dogboyaa1

Lurker
Apr 18, 2013
Good Day All

I have a question. I have several Casio C771 that all have the same problem.

When I turn them on they display the GzOne logo and then go black. I tried installing the Casio drivers on my machine and then plug them in and i see where they get assigned a Serial Port.

I was hopeing to factory reset them or something using ADB or the button presses but they never get to a point where i can see them.

I havent rooted or modded any of them. We have a bunch of the these phone at my company and they simply suffer this issue over time.

Any help would be greatly apprechiated!

Thanks

I have about 10 Commandos with the same problem. ADB won't work since it requires usb debugging to be enabled. And as you say, it doesn't boot far enough to use the button press technique. Its really not worth the trouble to fix them. If the phones are in good shape except for the boot problem, you can buy broken C771's on ebay for $10 and use the logic boards from them. I wish android phones had a provision for booting from an SD card similar to the way computers can be booted from a CD. It sure would make repairs easier.

Upvote 0
I have about 10 Commandos with the same problem. ADB won't work since it requires usb debugging to be enabled. And as you say, it doesn't boot far enough to use the button press technique. Its really not worth the trouble to fix them. If the phones are in good shape except for the boot problem, you can buy broken C771's on ebay for $10 and use the logic boards from them. I wish android phones had a provision for booting from an SD card similar to the way computers can be booted from a CD. It sure would make repairs easier.
Actually, most (and at this point, all) other android smartphones have a way to boot into recovery if something like this happenes. Yes, the red light will get the same thing done, but it is built into the system, not the kernel. Bottom line:
If the phone's ADB does not show up in windows, and the phone does not get passes the "G'Zone now loading" screen then it is bricked beyond known repair.
However, 9 times out of 10, the reason people bring these phones in this state to you is because they tried to root them and/or do stuff they don't really know what they are doing.

Upvote 0
Actually, most (and at this point, all) other android smartphones have a way to boot into recovery if something like this happenes. Yes, the red light will get the same thing done, but it is built into the system, not the kernel. Bottom line:
If the phone's ADB does not show up in windows, and the phone does not get passes the "G'Zone now loading" screen then it is bricked beyond known repair.
However, 9 times out of 10, the reason people bring these phones in this state to you is because they tried to root them and/or do stuff they don't really know what they are doing.

That might be true that rooting causes this issue. However in our case I can ensure that rooting wasnt the issue. In many of these phones cases, they simply sat unused for a few weeks/months. We go back to use them and the battery is discharged and the phone wont boot. I say overall these phones are not the best.

I hope the newer models have a better recovery option.

Upvote 0
Good Day All

I have a question. I have several Casio C771 that all have the same problem.

When I turn them on they display the GzOne logo and then go black. I tried installing the Casio drivers on my machine and then plug them in and i see where they get assigned a Serial Port.

I was hopeing to factory reset them or something using ADB or the button presses but they never get to a point where i can see them.

I havent rooted or modded any of them. We have a bunch of the these phone at my company and they simply suffer this issue over time.

Any help would be greatly apprechiated!

Thanks
I'm just a half a novice, but have you tried a hard factory re-boot? You don't go into the system, there's 3 buttons you push at the same time and your phone is cleaned out and back to the last factory update. May not work if you damaged/removed something crucial but you have nothing to lose. It's worked for me. twice.
If you still are able, back up your apps first.
Give it a go! Good luck:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones