1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Cache cleaner - speed up your phone if it's sluggish

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pojken, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Pojken

Pojken Well-Known Member
    None

May 5, 2010
    My phone was acting REALLY sluggish after using Tasker shortcuts (a known bug) as well as other programs. It became so problematic that I would have to reboot every day. I finally figured out that it was the caches that were slowing everything down.

In comes ACCleaner and it works a charm. No more rebooting in order to clear the cache - just hit a button an all caches are cleared. You can do it individually, but that's too troublesome.

Try it, or any app cache cleaner for that matter. I found that ACCleaner is one of the better ones because you can set it on a schedule. I wish it had an exceptions list, but it's great otherwise.

Tim

Advertisement

motul76 and swgastro like this.
  2. Shonan

Shonan Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    Uk, South West
    nice one fella ill take a look

could be handy tool if its not a battery killer

3. Pojken

Pojken Well-Known Member
    None

May 5, 2010
    Shouldn't take much of any battery. It can be an app that you call up or schedule. I have mine scheduled and it doesn't even register on the battery usage.

Tim

4. Pep

Pep Android Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2011
    Qld, Australia
    Sorry to sound like a noob, but exactly what does "clearing the cache" mean:eek::eek:

Pep

5. Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    cache are temporary files used for apps. Clearing it deletes those files, which will in fact make the app run slower next time you use it.

A better idea would be get rid of the poorly programmed app. I have well over 100 apps installed, I haven't cleared cache since flashing the kernel over a month ago, and I go weeks without turning my phone off or rebooting, and it doesn't lag. I have an EVO, but should apply to the Desire HD(or the desire should be faster).

Its kind of like saying the answer to drinking bleach is getting your stomach pumped everyday, rather than stopping.

Alternatively, get this app, a task killer, and in fact, rewrite the OS since you know better than google ;)

6. Pojken

Pojken Well-Known Member
    None

May 5, 2010
    For future reference, how can you tell if the program is poorly written? In recent weeks, my phone became really sluggish and it was frustrating. I removed as many programs as possible and it still required me to reboot.

My advice was because that was the only solution I could find, recommended by others. Once I did it, it worked much better.

I certainly don't claim to know all that much with Android and I guess I was wrong to recommend it. I'll uninstall it and see if it works the same or better or worse.

Tim