1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cache cleaners

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by williambenstock1, Jan 23, 2016.

1. williambenstock1

Do you need cache cleaners apps for Android if so what's the best app?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. glc

glc Android Enthusiast

No. What good is an empty cache?

3. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

You do not need to Futz with cache files. They're there to speed up performance. glc said it well. I usually never touch caches for the life of a device.

argedion, tube517 and psionandy like this.
  4. thehedgedog

thehedgedog Newbie

People only use it to make their phone perform faster, I wouldn't suggest doing it all the time though. Most of the androids have a built-in cache cleaning button which you can find in - Settings - Manage apps - All apps - Clear cache.

5. androidmachine

androidmachine Android Enthusiast

I will only clean the cache of an app if I am having a problem with it (the app) as part of a number things I try. I don't clean the cache partition unless I'm flashing a new ROM.

6. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Necessary? At one time,when phones resources were limited,perhaps.
    With most newer devices,probably not,but..........
    If you want the convenience of a cache cleaner app,use one that has the fewest permissions & if possible no ads to nag at you/use data needlessly.
    This one seems OK to me & you can put it on auto-pilot if you wish:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.beers_sta.cache_c&hl=en

7. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

saraall and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Cached files exist precisely to speed up day-to-day operations e.g. frequently-viewed web pages load faster, apps open quicker etc. Clearing the cache(s) only defeats the purpose.

argedion, tube517 and Crashdamage like this.
  9. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

90% of cache cleaners I have seen are some kind of snake oil. I personally do not recommend any.

Crashdamage likes this.
  10. thehedgedog

thehedgedog Newbie

I must say, I have an old phone (not using it right now) but it does perform faster when I clear cache. I also know for a fact that it isn't just a visual effect. Over time when using lots of apps and when not clearing cache(at least for me) it will get super laggy. Right now, I have a new phone and it is not lagging when I don't clear cache, in fact, it has no effect to it at all when I try to clear cache, so it's probably just working for old, low end phones.