1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Cache in the internal memory not fully reported by cache cleaners.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by mickael28, Jan 12, 2012.

1. mickael28

mickael28 Newbie
    None

Nov 3, 2011
    Hiya,

I just noticed today that my internal memory details display a section with 150.96MB of cache used (pls see screenshot of the tool 'System Tuner').

[​IMG]

I've used different cache cleaners but they all just report ~4MB of cache, so not sure why this big mismatch in size :S

Any idea where those 150.96MB are stored, how can I see the applications that are using them and how I can manage/delete it? I can't find any other tool that reports the cache stored in the internal memory.

Cheers.

Advertisement

2. Harry2

Harry2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    I use 'QuickApp Manager' and I think it shows my the real cache of every app in its apps listing.

Search with 'cerisier bleu' in market :)

Harry

3. harry__14

harry__14 Lurker
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    I guess that might be dalvik cache which is important to run applications, deleting the apps which store dalvik on internal can't solve any problem, because you will have free space at present but the cache will slowly build up the same amount again.

4. kmf

kmf Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    Male
    Northeast Iowa
    SD Maid is intended for "rooted" devices, with limited functions on "non-rooted" devices. It also states that it can be dangerous to use, and to use at your own risk. Be careful.

5. mickael28

mickael28 Newbie
    None

Nov 3, 2011
    Yeah, not sure what SDMaid will do with the Corpse finder, so I'll leave it for now.

I've tried a few programmes similar to 'QuickApp Manager' and they report a cache that seems to me related to a kind of RAM (ie, running programmes), so that's most of the times really low, around a couple of MB.

The other 'internal memory' captured in the picture is the one that has got over 150MB of cache, but no idea where that's coming from.

@harry__14, do you know any freeware app to kill the dalvik cache to see if that's what's causing that cache to go so high?

6. harry__14

harry__14 Lurker
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    No, to kill the dalvilk cache - yet. But there are ways to transfer that dalvilk cache to your sd card.

7. mickael28

mickael28 Newbie
    None

Nov 3, 2011
    Thanks for the info, I'll research about how to move this dalkin cache to the SD card now...