1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Calander based pain app

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ibizian, Mar 31, 2010.

1. ibizian

ibizian Newbie
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    I am looking for a developer to write a very specific app.

I am a disabled service member who needs a way to track pain levels and meds taken and any results.

Please contact me for more in depth details.

Advertisement

2. ibizian

ibizian Newbie
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Not one single developer can write an app/addon to help thousands of people in pain track their pain on a calendar?

Did I post it in the wrong area?

I really need this to help my Doctors better track and treat the pain.

3. Ramblingcoder

Ramblingcoder Lurker
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    I was working on a program similar to this for a Redditor but she found an online service that was more suited to her desires. I ended up abandoning the code and closing the project but if you're interested in starting it up again, I would not mind applying some of your suggestions to it.

The code uses old techniques so I would need to rework a bit of it. Right now however I pulled two screenshots of the program in its current state.

Photo Albums - Imgur

When it comes to UI development, I'm a very poor designer so its not pretty.

The two "New" at the top represents a Disease and a Symptom. The original person I was working with had MS and I was building it around those needs.

4. ibizian

ibizian Newbie
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Sent you a PM or two and would love to finally get working on this with you. Hope all is well with you.

5. cp1

cp1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    How is the work going on this? I'm working on another app at the moment, but this is pretty similar / seems easy to do, except for maybe the calendar graphic.

6. ibizian

ibizian Newbie
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    It is not going at all. Can't get ahold of the other person who wanted to work on it. As for the calendar part I do not care what it looks like as long as it can either be pushed directly to Google CAL or imported somehow...

Let me know your thoughts.

7. cp1

cp1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    Hmm let me look into the google calendar. I know how to export to .csv if you want to open it in excel or open office, but the calendar will take some learning.

8. joshua.george

joshua.george Newbie
    None

Jun 12, 2010
    Rock Hill, SC
  9. cp1

cp1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    Ibizian, check your PMs

Joshua, thanks for the link

10. ibizian

ibizian Newbie
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Still looking for help with this app. Anyone!!

11. marchold

marchold Member
    None

Dec 26, 2009
    I might be interested in working on this for you. I have some design questions though:
    1) Exactly how would you enter data? Would you have a screen that would let you set the following fields: Time, Date, Pain Level, Medication Taken. Or would there be more that 1 screen where you enter data?

2) Exactly how would you like the data used/displayed. Do you want it in a google calendar or in some sort of chart. If you want a chart exactly how would the chart be drawn.

I will not begin any project unless I can make a solid plan, so that I am clear on how much work I am signing up for. Would you be willing to design the screens with a pencil and paper and then take a photo of your drawings. In your drawing you should work out how the data will be displayed. For example if you draw a line graph of meds do you use milligrams to determine line height, if so how do you compare 5mg of hydrocodone with 1000mg of Advil.

Basically what I am saying is I need you to work out all the details that don't relate to the actual programming. I can move fast on a project, but not if I spend a lot of time deciding what exactly it should do, and then re-doing it because I made some design mistakes.

12. whitefriars

whitefriars Lurker
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Hi ibizian,

Are you getting anywhere with this? I sent a PM a while back and no reply. I can help if you still need this.