1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Calculator magnified

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smurph1, Aug 21, 2012.

1. smurph1

smurph1 Android Enthusiast

Why does my standard calculator look magnified, with ony basic functions?
    The 10 digits are cut off at the edges, weird, and a zoom out option is unavailable.
    There are no other options apart from simple arithmetic, +-x/.
    Doesn't seem right!?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jimbobcook

jimbobcook Well-Known Member

Same here... didnt think about that till now :-\ shows how much I use it lol

After a quick google it seems its a standard ICS thing... Might be worth finding a free one on the playstore....

3. smurph1

Thanks for another users feedback.....thought I was going mad, so calculator in ICS is officially crap!! Will look for a decent one.

4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

It's the way HTC styled it for sense. I don't believe it affects all ics phones, just HTC ones

5. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Android Expert

We have had the same discussion for various other Sense based devices. The new calculator style started after Sense 3.something and has continued with Sense 4.0 and Ice Cream Sandwich.

The Sense calculator widgets do not have quite this same style numbers, so if you can spare a homescreen it might be a worthy work around.

Quick Tip: if you turn the phone landscape within the calculator application you will gain a few meager higher arithmetic functions; Sin, Cos, Tan, Pi, etc.

6. smurph1

Understood thanks.

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews