• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calculator Villa [UTILITY APP]

Efetobor

Feb 23, 2019
DESCRIPTION
Calculator Villa is not just another free online calculator. It is a free online calculator that aims to solve all secondary Maths and Physics calculation problems.

Currently Calculator Villa supports 2 basic calculators, however, we are actively developing it to add more calculators including an advanced Scientific Calculator.

With your support, expect to see a lot more free online calculator modules here at Calculator Villa.

One of the best parts of Calculator Villa is that you have direct access to our developers. All forms of suggestions are welcome. Read more about the future of Calculator Villa.

SCREENSHOTS
eQ2TklFiTQCJCDQfw_mzjqJBQ0DTqR6lwV21uHWQ0Um1GepoKuy3PLN6q9obnFe48Q4=w720-h310-rw
HqzZdB8lsyXaaG-wihiirLGenSAIHr2mMLno3iNweMDJ2NaRXvVDty_0lNk8mUf4auA=w720-h310-rw
WaAASt98c8bJJ-2TZk9Ir-DQfMGtr9_E8dC222ZP4p-pvV-Rw1l_IMIkCNoxW4F03E8=w720-h310-rw

DOWNLOAD
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fincoapps.android_calculator

Everyone:

Calculator Villa was not created to replace others (common look at the store). It was created as a high quality alternative. I have different calculator Apps on my PRIV and they all have their beauty.

Some of the calculator modules are actually ready already but we have downloads Milestones. Playstore isn't like other stores. We cannot just overwhelm users while promotion is still an issue .

As for the Ads, I find ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong in wanting to make money after even a few hours/minutes of hardwork and research.

The app size is small and will remain small regardless of how much Modules we add. So you see, it is friendly with other Apps .

Upvote 0
There's nothing wrong with placing ads in your app.

The thing is, to make your app attractive to users, you need to offer some distinguishing features. Give people a reason to install it. If anything, you've released your app prematurely, because users simply can't see the value, and aren't aware of your plans. It's just another calculator, and any phone already has one of those.
Instead of just linking to an external blog, maybe you could include here a summary of your future plans for the app. This way you might get some immediate useful feedback.

Upvote 0
There are over 1K calculator Apps on Playstore. On an Estimate, 65% of them have similar features and there's still a lot of them that offer just basic calculations but yet they get downloaded.

My point is: it doesn't always have to be a competition. The market is big enough to accommodate everyone.

Checkout "Colorful calculator". What's special about it. But yet it has more downloads than some A that has invested a lot of research .

So trust me, if you see everything as a competition, you would have very tight experiences .

Upvote 0
There are over 1K calculator Apps on Playstore. On an Estimate, 65% of them have similar features and there's still a lot of them that offer just basic calculations but yet they get downloaded.

My point is: it doesn't always have to be a competition. The market is big enough to accommodate everyone.

Checkout "Colorful calculator". What's special about it. But yet it has more downloads than some A that has invested a lot of research .

So trust me, if you see everything as a competition, you would have very tight experiences .

Well your initial feedback here should have told you something. Personally I can't think why I'd want to install a third party calculator app, containing ads, when the system default one doesn't.
And yes, you are most definitely in competition with those other calculator apps. Unless your version offers something unique, something that people want to use, then I'm afraid it's just going to get lost in obscurity, among all the other very similar apps.
What's special about the app you mentioned - well the colours can be customised. People like that I guess.

Upvote 0
I had a quick look at it, it's either a very basic 4 function without percent or memory functions, or an extremely basic scientific which doesn't even have inverse for the trig and log functions. Which makes it kind of useless even for 7th grade middle school maths IMO.

It's definitely a work in progress, and in its current form I'll give it a miss, thank you. But I do wish you luck with it, against thousands of other calculator apps

Last edited:
Upvote 0
FWIW my longtime favourite and go to calc app is "RealCalc Scientific Calculator"
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.nickfines.RealCalc
To me this is almost perfect, and is everything I need and use in a calculator, plus much more as well. I find it's good for both simple and advanced without having to change views. BTW I'm a middle school teacher, mainly English, but with a bit of maths and science as well.

Reactions: PitCarver
Upvote 0
Well your initial feedback here should have told you something. Personally I can't think why I'd want to install a third party calculator app, containing ads, when the system default one doesn't.
And yes, you are most definitely in competition with those other calculator apps. Unless your version offers something unique, something that people want to use, then I'm afraid it's just going to get lost in obscurity, among all the other very similar apps.
What's special about the app you mentioned - well the colours can be customised. People like that I guess.

I learnt this the hard way, it's about the ASO not the beauty or functionality. Try searching for "dating apps" and see the kinda apps that shows up. There was once I saw an App with the name "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz server down" But it ranked higher than Pin Pals. Luckily, we worked on the ASO (without touching the features) and boom.

So if you guys think it's about the features and beauty.... check back in a month :)

Upvote 0
Got to say thanks, for this one. Looks like a suitable replacement for NeoCal Lite.

Comes in two flavours, free and a more featured paid version. I use the free version, and it serves me perfectly. NO ads, NO tracking, and no Internet permissions at all.

As for "features and beauty"? Well it looks and functions just like a real Casio or TI scientific

Upvote 0
;) It is about features and style isn't it? Because if an app doesn't have useful features, you'd quickly uninstall it. I know that's what I do.

Yeh uninstalled it. Couldn't even do very basic trigonometry, mainly because of the lack of arcsine, arccosine, and arctangent, in the supposed scientific view. That's in my mind at the moment, because it's what my students will be doing very soon, after they've finished the algebra.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones