1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Calculator

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by just123, Dec 24, 2012.

1. just123

just123 Newbie

What wrong with the calculator app that comes with the note 2? It cannot do %

Can anyone do this sum on the note 2

100 - 10%

Mine keeps cominig up with 99.9 ???????WTF

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. just123

just123 Newbie

Ok. I think I have figured out what its doing.

The % button is converting anything before it to 0.x i.e 15% = 0.15

So 100 - 15% = 100 - 0.15

Why its doing this?

3. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

Hi

Use the % with x and / and it works. 100 x 90%=90 etc (Rather than 100 - 10%)

4. just123

just123 Newbie

I usually use 100x0.9 for working out anyway its just I happened to need to use the % to work out something more complex and noticed the answer wad wrong.

Just supprised there are no options for the calculator to work in the method I want.

5. AgentR

AgentR Newbie

You could get an HP 12C emulator from the Play store.... $5 max... several to choose from.

6. SupperDroid

SupperDroid Member

Percent calculator is awesome. Make sure you press the home button upper left for options.

7. just123

just123 Newbie

Thank you the responses. I am using mobi calculator https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=my.android.calc which works well.

I dont like having duplicate apps on the phone and I cannot remove the stock one, so I now have to hide it.

Its just a silly annoyance. If your going to put an app on it that cannot be removed, make it work.

It always anoyed me on the iphone, stock apps that I could not remove (without jumping through hoops). This phone would be perfect if the 4-5 minor annoyances were refined.

Grumble, grumble (must be Christmas :p )

Happy Christmas everyone :)

8. Caloy

Caloy Android Expert

I have calculator widget that is on one of my home screens. And it calculated it correctly. 100-10%=90

-Sent using the force

9. Guido333

Guido333 Lurker

I'm not sure the calculator is wrong. 10% = .1 and 100 -.1 = 99.9

I did pick out a new calculator that I liked better. It's just called "Calculator".

Merry Christmas.

10. lcneed

lcneed Android Enthusiast

Normally I would immediately replace any stock calculator with a RPN calculator, but I actually like the stock one with the multi lines. I think I will just keep using this one until I really have to find a RPN calculator.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews