• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calendar (Again)!

Motorhomer

Jun 12, 2011
Lancashire, England
After some very frustrating problems with GCal I have finally managed to get my entire diary back, from my phone to the GCal.

However, the only way that I could then sync was by deleting the cache on the phone. When it re-synched it had the problem that I think is well known, in that it only loaded entries from 30 days before, to one year after today's date.

So I have my entire diary going back a few years on GCal but on my Galaxy S2 I only have it from 30 days ago to a year in the future.

Is there any way that I can force a full sync of the entire diary?

I also find that entries in Gcal that are more than a year ahead do not synch to my phone but, if entered on the phone, they will synch to GCal.

I am assuming by the way that Gcal is shorthand for the standard Google Calendar and not some third-party application.

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones