1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Calendar / Alarm app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by cats_five, Nov 9, 2016.

1. cats_five

cats_five Newbie

Looking for a decent calendar / alarm app.

I need to be able to set one-off alarms with a text description for future dates, and I want to be reminded at a week, 5 days, 3 days and so on.

I also need to be able to set repeats with options for daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly, yearly.

Suggestions please. Not fussed if the app will integrate with Gmail or Outlook.com.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funpig

funpig Android Enthusiast

Calengoo will do all of that. I have been using it for years.

Clementine_3 likes this.
  3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

There are many different calendar apps that can do those repeats and alarm options. Very many. In fact your requirements are so basic that I'm surprised you can't do it with your built-in Calendar app.

For various reasons I've currently got Business Calendar 2, aCalendar+, DigiCal, Sol Calendar and a port of the Blackberry Calendar app installed. All meet your stated requirements, and the different reasons I have each for are a mix of aethetics, function or just testing something different. I've also used many others in the past, including Calengoo mentioned above, which is also a fine app.

You'll have guessed that I've never found a single calendar app that does everything I want as well as I want it done, but my calendar requirements (which include many external subscribed calendars as well as my personal ones) may be more complex than most. The trouble is that when I try different apps I keep finding particular things that one app does better than another, so I genuinely find myself opening different calendar apps according to what I want to do or view! Maybe one day someone will write the perfect app, or one of them will add/fix the things I feel they lack ;)