1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Calendar and Contacts question...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bekind, Feb 25, 2010.

1. bekind

bekind Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Couple quick questions regarding the OEM Calendar and it's functionality:

1 - On my google calendar I am able to enter reoccuring items and they sync with my eris as they should. I also see all the various holidays on my google cal but these items do not sync to my eris. Is there a way to get the holidays to port over to my native eris calendar?

2 - My contacts has a place for defining a contact's birthday and anniversary. How can I get these user defined dates to populate to my eris calendar? Seems like this should be simple functionality no?

Thanks for any tips or ideas...

~bekind

Advertisement

2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Nov 23, 2009
    L'Etoile du Nord
    From the Calendar on your Eris click Menu>Calendars ... make sure all the calendars you want to sync are selected. I have the holidays on my Eris and wanted them removed, so I un-checked the Holidays calendar.

I havent had the desire to do this ... but from what I heard, this was possible before facebook made the recent changes to its site. Apperently syncing your facbook calendar to google is no longer allowed. I have not verrified this, but I do remember reading it.

bekind likes this.
  3. bekind

bekind Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks for the quick reply!

You were exactly right on item 1. I had looked there last night after I set up my cal on google but I think it just took a few for the US Holiday option to show up. It is there now, checked, and my eris calendar has been infiltrated with every presidents bday I could ever have a desire of knowing. Maybe a little TMI on the Holiday side but regardless objective complete.

Interesting regarding the facebook cal syncing with google. However since I don't have a facebook account that wouldn't matter too much to me. I'll keep researching.

Thanks again!

~bekind