1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Calendar and Notifications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by robelUK85, Sep 10, 2010.

1. robelUK85

robelUK85 New Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Hi, all! I got my EVO on Sunday, and the first thing I did was sync my Google calendar. The first morning when I woke up I got an alarm/notification for my first appointment (I hadn't erased it for the holiday). I went to the calendar to find that all my appointments have 10 minute notifications. I don't need this by any means. I went to Google Calendars and put a universal "no notification" rule on, and online, all the notifications disappeared.

I was unable to sync the calendar (I have a Mac and cannot sync using my computer...the only downside to the phone). I erased the calendar data and restarted my device, and when it resynced it still had the alarms. Then, I went into the calendar settings and did my best to do what I thought would mean there would be no notifications. Whenever I clicked on an event and clicked "back" the alarm would erase. So then I thought it would work if I cleared the data and then set it to the "what I thought would be no notifications" setting and turn off and back on...and still have those dad-gummed notifications (to all the events except the ones that I clicked on and subsequently deleted the alarm somehow magically).

Does anybody know how to erase those stupid notifications? I read the "suggested threads" and none of them really answered my question. I have as many as 13 appointments back-to-back each day and I don't need those to have alarms, as they're annoying as all be...

Thanks.

Advertisement

Tags: