• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calendar App in HTC hero

Still holding my breathe for which android phone to pickup, definitely leaning towards the htc legend right now, but still slightly considering htc desire despite it's clumsiness (who doesn't want more cpu power right?)

Aaanyway, the calendar is one thing I have been intending on looking into once i do buy my android handset, and I just had a quick search and found AnCal, the monthview on this app looks very promising to me and I'll definitely check it out once I get my phone.

AnCal. Android Calendar

Obviously I haven't tested pure cal yet, but I am wondering if this app has the ability to let me see the entire current week, including week number, almost as in outlook? I'd really like to have an app do that for me once I buy my phone...

// Andreas

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Frankly, I'm torn between getting the iPhone 3GS or a HTC Android phone.

One of the reasons I'm even considering the Android phone is because iPhone's calendar doesn't have a weekly view. And I need the weekly view to view and plan my appointments easily, with a high-level view of my appointments in the next few days/weeks.

oh great! I didn't know of the weekly view issue in the Android phone! I'm currently using a HTC Touch, and the weekly view calendar is so useful! And I assumed HTC would be so silly to regress, and follow iPhone's direction in not having a weekly view in it's calendar.

Hmm... now that I know that Android doesn't have a weekly view calendar, I may just go get the iPhone, and pay another US$7-8 to get the calendar app with weekly view.

All my friends have the iphone... so it makes communication so much easier... and YAKing!!

This is plain silly, man.

Upvote 0
Hi Pwabbit,

I was referring to "YAK!" app for iPhones, where iPhone users are able to "text" each other for FREE.

You mean I can install the same app on other smartphones and communicate with the iPhone users using YAK?

So, assuming the Android has a similar app, can I use that app to communicate with the rest of my friends on iPhone?

Please enlighten me.

There's so many users using iPhone that I know, compared to Androids...

Anyway... back to the calendar... it's really silly not having a weekly view.
Isn't anyone listening out there??!!

Upvote 0
No, you and I were speaking two different languages apparently. You were asking about communication (texting). I thought you meant communication was calling, emailing, facebooking, youtubing, and texting. My brother has the iPhone on Tmobile. Don't know if he knows about Yak. I guess I should ask him about that.

You need to look at Calendar Pad Pro for the weekly view. I found it on the Market.

Upvote 0
The AnCal was the calendar I was looking for!! Thanks you Andreas81!

Still holding my breathe for which android phone to pickup, definitely leaning towards the htc legend right now, but still slightly considering htc desire despite it's clumsiness (who doesn't want more cpu power right?)

Aaanyway, the calendar is one thing I have been intending on looking into once i do buy my android handset, and I just had a quick search and found AnCal, the monthview on this app looks very promising to me and I'll definitely check it out once I get my phone.

AnCal. Android Calendar

Obviously I haven't tested pure cal yet, but I am wondering if this app has the ability to let me see the entire current week, including week number, almost as in outlook? I'd really like to have an app do that for me once I buy my phone...

// Andreas

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones