1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Calendar app on device not updating with Google calendar

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ClayGoss, May 19, 2011.

1. ClayGoss

ClayGoss Lurker
    None

May 19, 2011
    Male
    Issues Technology
    Wilmington, DE, USA
    For months, the only way I can get the calendar app to update is to remove all the calendars, wait a while and put them back in. Events entered on the android calendar never show up in the Google apps calendar.

The only thing I can point to is that, not knowing the importance, I put a generic gmail address in the device when I first set it up. The email address of the calendar I am trying to maintain is different.

Any help welcome.
    Clay

Advertisement

2. TheSultan

TheSultan Android Expert
    None

Mar 6, 2010
    Operations Manager
    Rochester, NY
    Well, what really matters here is when you enter a new event, that you are choosing to add it to the correct calendar. I don't know what app you're using, but in any "new event" type entry, there might be a "Calendar to post on" or something of that nature. The "generic" gmail address your phone is associated with doesn't have to be the one your calendar uses.

HOWEVER, do yourself a favor and do a hard reset of your phone and get it associated with the Gmail address you want to be using. All your app purchases/downloads, mail, calendar, contacts--everything can be backed up using that login. It's just silly not use that feature.