1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Calendar App with Alarm?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Mark Fleener, May 12, 2019.

1. Mark Fleener

Mark Fleener Lurker

Is there a calendar app for Android phones that will let me set a date & time for an alarm to ring, and keeps ringing until I turn it off? It needs to keep ringing until I turn it off, otherwise, I will miss my appointment.

2. KBU2

KBU2 Android Expert

Yes Google calendar for starters

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Some calendar apps allow repeat notifications. Business Calendar 2 comes to mind: will repeat at user-chosen intervals up to 50 times.

For a long time I used a little app called Calendar Snooze, which would provide infinitely-repeating notifications for any Google calendar, regardless of what calendar app you are using (which is good for someone who tries different calendar apps). At present it isn't working for me, but that may be to do with my setup so may be worth a test.

4. Mark Fleener

Mark Fleener Lurker

5. Mark Fleener

Mark Fleener Lurker

I'm not looking to program repeat notifications. I want an alarm that just keeps going off. I did try Calendar Snooze, but it only went off a few times within a few minutes, then stopped.

#5 Mark Fleener, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
  6. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Yeah, I'd got that but have never heard of such a thing.

Of course if you set a short repeat interval the effect will be similar (though with an app that has a limited number of repeats that will also shorten how long it goes on for).

7. KBU2

KBU2 Android Expert

What device do you have because that may work with your device stock clock?