1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Calendar App with long alarm

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Colmss, May 28, 2011.

1. Colmss

Colmss Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Hi,

I am looking for an calendar app with an alarm that goes off for longer than a single vibration like Andorid's standard calendar. For instance it plays a song and vibrates for 2 minutes or so.
    Can anybody recommend something?

Advertisement

2. Brian1

Brian1 Newbie
    None

Jan 27, 2010
    Check out Smooth Calendar. Will play for 20 secs from a quick test but never tried 2 minutes.

Brian

3. Colmss

Colmss Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Thanks! I am looking for a whole calendar though. Also, I couldn't find where to set the alarm...

4. srothkin

srothkin Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Ossining, NY
    I use the Calendar Snooze app (and disable notifications within the google calendar). This app just takes care of the notifications. One of its options is custom vibration pattern which you can set to anything you want. I use it because it also allows the vibrate notification to periodically repeat until it is acknowledged (something the google calendar app doesn't do).

This isn't actually a calendar app. It hooks into the calendar database that the google calendar app uses (which is synced to google.com). And if you open the calendar event entry from the notification it actually opens the google calendar.

So you can continue to use the google calendar for managing your appointments while relying on Calendar Snooze to deliver the vibrate notifications. Or if you like, you can use any other calendar app that works with the google calendar database (I use Pimlical because it is closer to the DateBk+ app I used back when I had a Palm Treo and I find it to be more powerful / easier to use than the google calendar app).