• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calendar Application drains battery

nosferatu

Lurker
Oct 7, 2010
This has been happening over the past two days, ever since I installed PureCal widget with no success of running it properly. I uninstalled it today.

However, the battery drains really quickly and the phone heats up a bit. The battery usage since my last restart (28 mins ago) is:

- Calendar 42%
- Display 38%
- Cell Standby 8% etc..

Please help me out on this one.. I have no idea on what to do. The com.android.calendar process is draining my battery for no reason..

I am frustrated that a fully charged battery on my Galaxy S lasts only about 7 hours before running out of juice. This happens with only some internet searches, and sending texts and emails (one of my accounts is Microsoft Exchange where mail is pushed to me). If I am vigilant with using Advanced Task Killer I might squeeze another 5 hours out of my battery.

Do I have a defective battery or do other folks have this same issue? Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
I have the same problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy S i9000 and I have set it up to have the calendar and e-mail synch with the exchange server. Mail is fine, however my calendar is not updated and very slow and it is draining my battery. I might get 5 hours out of the battery. Can anybody help?

Thanks,
Pierre

Upvote 0
HEY me too my new samsung glaxy s heats up and battery drains after a day and no gps or wifi bluetooth is NOT on also had do hard restart once or three times had take battery out froze hmmmm maybe this android need update im on 2.1update1 but no 2.2 yet but i dunno maybe i played with it a lot all i can say is you are what you eat: we want 2.2 in north America also we love u google

god speed

Upvote 0
HEY me too my new samsung glaxy s heats up and battery drains after a day and no gps or wifi bluetooth is NOT on also had do hard restart once or three times had take battery out froze hmmmm maybe this android need update im on 2.1update1 but no 2.2 yet but i dunno maybe i played with it a lot all i can say is you are what you eat: we want 2.2 in north America also we love u google

god speed

2.2 has a major battery usage differnece than 2.1 I had 2.1 for a few weeks and found the battery life to be awful... drained the battery in less than a day. Upgraded to 2.2 and the batterylife tripled.

Regarding calendar apps, i use SmoothCal and its fantastic.

Hope this is useful to some.

Floppy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones