• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calendar Apps

mcknigs

Nov 18, 2009
When the Corporate and Gmail calendars were separate I could keep my (corporate) events separated from my friends' (shared via Gmail) events. With 2.2 there is only one calendar and looking at that calendar is now a maddening exercise in searching through friends' events to find my own. :mad:

Anyone know a way that I can separate them?

-Scott

I love pure calendar. Might be a way to have seperate calendars with it, never tried, but with the combined calendar, each accounts events are color coded so theres no problem at all and distinguishing between em. Has a great widget that has a ton of skins as well. The pure calendar widget combined with the beautifull home widget makes my home screen look extremely professional. Its one of my top 5 apps.

Upvote 0
Scott,
it sounds as if your corporate calendar entries might be in the same calendar as your personal entries? I would say you should definitely separate these things out. You could make a separate Google Calendar (but within the same Google account as you're using now, if you know what I mean), and sync that with your work calendar.

I'm using an app called CalWidget, it's got lots of display options and you can choose to list only a subset of your calendars (so you might, say, have one widget for work, and a separate one for friends and birthdays). I think it's more or less equivalent to Pure Calendar (which I've never used because I'm not in a paid-apps country), but CalWidget is free.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones