1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Calendar dates set to 1979 during sync

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dmz, Jul 5, 2010.

1. dmz

dmz Member

Jun 8, 2010
    My operating system is WinXP. I am using Outlook 2007. I use Google calendar sync to sync my Samsung Moment calendar with Google calendar online so that I can sync that calendar with Outlook.

I can sync from Outlook to Google calendar with only a few problems. However, calendar events that I enter on my Moment don't show up on my Outlook calendar (sync is set to 2-way). These events do show up correctly on my Google calendar. It's just that they get lost between Google calendar and Outlook.

I recently noticed that I had a large number of items in my Outlook "deleted items" folder. I checked and found multiple copies of each event I had entered on my Moment (one for each attempted sync). In each of these calendar items, the date was set to Mon 12/31/1979. I assume that is why Outlook is deleting them. What I can't figure out is why the date is getting changed. I have verified that my Moment calendar is set to 2010, and my time zone is correct on Google calendar. I also uninstalled then reinstalled the Google sync software. None of these steps has changed anything.

When I enter an event on the Google calendar, it syncs just fine with Outlook. It's just the events I enter on my Moment that don't sync properly. I don't know exactly when this started but I think it was right around when I updated my phone's software. I didn't have problems with this immediately when I purchased the phone in early June.

I have posted this question on the Google knowledge community, but have not received any replies. I searched the internet and found similar questions from other users but no good solutions.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this? Or is there software I could purchase that would work around this problem?

Advertisement