1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Calendar doesn't sync

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ericmeca1, May 23, 2011.

1. Ericmeca1

Ericmeca1 Lurker

My calendar is in automatic sync and was working fine. Suddenly all of my events were wiped out of my mobile phone.

Thankfuly, all the events are still in the gmail calendar. Any new event that I imput (either on the phone or on the computer) will get synced, but all of the previous events never show up on my phone.

Galaxy S

Any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Android Expert

Go to settings -> applications -> Manage applications -> All applications -> calendar and wipe data. Afterwards sync again.

3. Rprecision

Rprecision Lurker

I am new here, this is my first post. I am a complete tool when it comes to smart phones.

Me and my wife are having the exact same problem. The calender at Gmail is fine but it will not sync with the phones. My problem started this weekend, hers a month ago

I tried the above suggestion, It seemed to bring a few things back, but there are a lot of things missing still

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this place is pretty cool !

4. Rprecision

Rprecision Lurker

I guess to clarify, it looks like everything going forward in the next few months is now synced, should I be worried if past events are not synced, I.E stuff older then a month ?

5. tamivroma

tamivroma Member

I am having same problems. Started yesterday. As far as smart phone technology, I would say I am pretty good with them. Had my Samsung Fascinate for about a year now.

When I add new items on my Gmail Calendar via computer - they sync. But all the older info will not sync. I have an appt next Tuesday and it will not sync. It is on the Google calendar but not on Android.

I tried Settings>Applications>Manage Apps>Calendar>Clear Data

Still doesn't work. When I resync it only add the info that I have added since I started having the problem. My appt for Tuesday still not showing up.

6. Bruolnas

Bruolnas Lurker

I have excatly the same issue as 'tamivroma' described here three days ago. I'm also syncing my google calender to my desktop Outlook Exchange and that seems to be stuck as well. So could this be an issue with Google?

The problem started yesterday (26th of May).

Anyone found any fixes? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7. aejyce

aejyce Lurker

I have the same problem. It started a view days ago.

Seems like a bug, they will figure it out i suppose.

8. aejyce

aejyce Lurker

actually, cleaning the data in agenda and agenda-storage did the trick.

it is working fine now.

Grazuncle likes this.
  9. Grazuncle

Grazuncle Well-Known Member

i only seem to be able to access the SD memory card.. not the memory on the phone a galaxy portal.

I'm using Kies on win 7

any info apreciated :)

10. Bruolnas

Bruolnas Lurker

I did today a full factory default reset. Lost of course all data and settings but after re-installing all my settings and application, it's working again.

And the good news is that my phone is in general working a lot better now. It took almost an hour to set up everything again just the way I wanted but I'm not sorry at all going through the trouble.

It seems the android platform needs the same reinstall as the Windows every now and then.

Samsung Galaxy S Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews