• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calendar events not showing up

rawfa

Sep 12, 2010
Hi,

My wife has a motorola milestone and since yesterday the events she has on her google calendar are no longer showing up. If she sets up a new event on the cellphone it stays there and they are even copied to the google calendar, but the ones from the google calendar do not show up at all. I've already went to settings, accounts and made sure her google account was checked as well as auto-synch. I've also forced synching and even though it finished synching properly the google events still don't show up. I don't have a milestone so my knowledge is limited to the general android platform.

Any thoughts?

I did some tests:
- I've created an event ON the phone and forced synching and it did show up on the google calendar on my laptop.
- I've created an event ON my laptopss' google calendar and forced synching on the phone and it did show up on the phones' calendar.

The older events and events that repeat no longer show up on the phone although they are still on google calendar.

Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
Hi, though I can not help you at all as I haven't found a solution I can tell you that I have a GarminAsis mobile running Android and I have had exactly the same experience last Saturaday. One minute everything visble- the next nothing. All events are on the gmail calendar as are the shared calendars but nothing is there on the mobile. All new and modified events are synchronised but its like the old ones once there in the sync index are ignored. The only idea I had was to remove the account from the phone and replace it but as the only way I know how to do this is through a factory reset that is a major pain!
Come on Google - get it together!

Upvote 0
One of my first thoughts was reseting to factory default...but my wife was not too happy about having to configure everything again (apps, launcher, screens, etc).
We had to set the old events to start on a future date (the ones that repeat) so that they would show up on the phone...a major pain, but less than configuring the phone all over again.

Upvote 0
Try exporting all events from Google Calendar on your laptop and then going into Settings>Applications>Manage applications>Calendar and clear its cache and data. Sync it with Google and if everything is deleted from Google instead of being downloaded to your phone, restore it and try again, but it should re-sync everything.

Also make sure there is no setting anywhere on your phone not to sync old/ future etc., events.

Make sure you have the right calendar checked in Accounts under settings too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones