• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calendar FC on Darch 2.7

Give me an exact example if you can. What is the contact name and what it their name on facebook?

The names have to be similar or it won't give you any suggestions to join with.

I guess maybe I'm overlooking something. Maybe it actually is in fact syncing then. Are the status updates supposed to sync as well? I have a few of my favorites that show their status update, but other friends who appear to be synced w/ facebook that don't show any status updates and they have different pictures.

I guess I'm just getting used to this contacts app. In display options, it shows like 5 or 6 different contact lists.

I'll try to get a little more specific later when I get home from work. I'll also spend a little more in depth time with it to see if I can see what's going on.

I found a new issue too. Whenever I go into Accounts and Sync in the Settings menu, the phone reboots. Darn it!

Upvote 0
Give me an exact example if you can. What is the contact name and what it their name on facebook?

The names have to be similar or it won't give you any suggestions to join with.

OK, so I did a little more digging both yesterday and today in the Contacts program and I think I've gotten it figured out.

It appears that my contacts are, in fact, syncing (pictures, statuses, etc) with Facebook. I don't know if it was always like that, but this morning I went into the Facebook app and went to settings and checked "Sync Contacts". Like I said, I don't know if that's what did it, or if it had always synced and I just didn't notice.

I do have a few more (final) questions regarding Darch 2.7 I was hoping you, or someone, could be so kind to answer for me:

1. When going into the "Contacts" app, under display options, there are several accounts listed. Weather, my Gmail, my name (?), Twitter, Last.fm, Facebook and 2 options for my Exchange. I understand all of these options except the 2 options for Exchange. One option says "Phone Only (unsynced) and the other says "Corporate". Any ideas as to why two lists exist? I only want (and only have) my Exchange "Corporate" contacts shown as I don't want the rest shown, but I can't figure out what the difference is between "Corporate" and "Phone Only (unsynced)".

2. I'm debating flashing the Recovery image that Darch has listed over at XDA. Doing so doesn't wipe any info, does it? I'm also considering switching to his method of partitioning for Apps2SD, but same question, does it wipe anything? Is it worth it? If it's not a big deal, I guess I'd just stay with what I've got now as it seems to be running great. The only downside to the RA that I have now is it won't Nand+Ext backup for some reason. It only performs a Nand Backup.

3. When I go into Settings>Accounts and Sync, the phone reboots....every time :) Whenever I click on Accounts and Sync, the phone goes to the Nexus One spash screen. Anyone ever seen this before? Any fixes?

4. The battery life isn't what I had hoped it would be. I fully charged and wiped battery stats yesterday. Then, turning on GPS, WIFI, Pandora, Screen brightness at 100% with the screen always on and BT on, drained the battery. It took about 4.5 hours. I then fully charged the battery again. Since then, I'm losing approximately 25% battery an hour. I've gone into Spare Parts and it says that it's only Running for 37.9% of the time. Any thoughts on improving battery? I've even got WiFi turned off, which I never have turned off, and it's draining.

Let me state, this ROM has potentially saved my phone from me throwing it across the room. Performance-wise, it is amazing. I touch the screen, and guess what....it actually responds. I open a program, and....holy crap...it opens! I dial a contact and, yep, you guessed it, it actually calls said contact.

The above issues aren't deal breakers, but I'd sure like to lengthen the amount of battery life I get out of this bad boy. Any help is MORE than appreciated.

TIA

Upvote 0
OK, so I did a little more digging both yesterday and today in the Contacts program and I think I've gotten it figured out.

It appears that my contacts are, in fact, syncing (pictures, statuses, etc) with Facebook. I don't know if it was always like that, but this morning I went into the Facebook app and went to settings and checked "Sync Contacts". Like I said, I don't know if that's what did it, or if it had always synced and I just didn't notice.

I do have a few more (final) questions regarding Darch 2.7 I was hoping you, or someone, could be so kind to answer for me:

1. When going into the "Contacts" app, under display options, there are several accounts listed. Weather, my Gmail, my name (?), Twitter, Last.fm, Facebook and 2 options for my Exchange. I understand all of these options except the 2 options for Exchange. One option says "Phone Only (unsynced) and the other says "Corporate". Any ideas as to why two lists exist? I only want (and only have) my Exchange "Corporate" contacts shown as I don't want the rest shown, but I can't figure out what the difference is between "Corporate" and "Phone Only (unsynced)".

2. I'm debating flashing the Recovery image that Darch has listed over at XDA. Doing so doesn't wipe any info, does it? I'm also considering switching to his method of partitioning for Apps2SD, but same question, does it wipe anything? Is it worth it? If it's not a big deal, I guess I'd just stay with what I've got now as it seems to be running great. The only downside to the RA that I have now is it won't Nand+Ext backup for some reason. It only performs a Nand Backup.

3. When I go into Settings>Accounts and Sync, the phone reboots....every time :) Whenever I click on Accounts and Sync, the phone goes to the Nexus One spash screen. Anyone ever seen this before? Any fixes?

4. The battery life isn't what I had hoped it would be. I fully charged and wiped battery stats yesterday. Then, turning on GPS, WIFI, Pandora, Screen brightness at 100% with the screen always on and BT on, drained the battery. It took about 4.5 hours. I then fully charged the battery again. Since then, I'm losing approximately 25% battery an hour. I've gone into Spare Parts and it says that it's only Running for 37.9% of the time. Any thoughts on improving battery? I've even got WiFi turned off, which I never have turned off, and it's draining.

Let me state, this ROM has potentially saved my phone from me throwing it across the room. Performance-wise, it is amazing. I touch the screen, and guess what....it actually responds. I open a program, and....holy crap...it opens! I dial a contact and, yep, you guessed it, it actually calls said contact.

The above issues aren't deal breakers, but I'd sure like to lengthen the amount of battery life I get out of this bad boy. Any help is MORE than appreciated.

TIA

1. Don't use Exchange as I don't want my work stuff on my person phone. Can't help you there, sorry.

2. I never flashed that custom recovery and have no intention of doing so. I'm running 1.6 and it works fine. To answer your question though, it shouldn't wipe anything I don't think. But again, I haven't switched to it nor do I plan to.

3. Have not come across this. It might be best for you to do a clean install of the ROM. Make sure if you do though, you do a full wipe of both data and dalvik. Also, people have reported issues with Titanium backup, which I do not use either.

4. Battery life is fine for me. My suggestion to you would be to see how often your mail is pulling, and what else you have auto syncing and at what intervals. If you are syncing things at fast intervals, your battery will drain quickly.

Upvote 0
I can't remember a single Hero I've ever heard of that could maintain a charge with Wifi, GPS, Pandora and the screen @ 100%.

Turn your screen down. Make sure things aren't updating every 10 minutes. And put a wifi toggle on a home screen so you can turn that on and off easily.
Is there some reason you need wifi on constantly? That's a real battery killer.

Reactions: ToxicToastKatz
Upvote 0
I can't remember a single Hero I've ever heard of that could maintain a charge with Wifi, GPS, Pandora and the screen @ 100%.

Turn your screen down. Make sure things aren't updating every 10 minutes. And put a wifi toggle on a home screen so you can turn that on and off easily.
Is there some reason you need wifi on constantly? That's a real battery killer.

hahaha, NOOOOOO, I don't have those things on regularly. I turned them all on to drain the battery as quickly as possible to fully discharge (probably should have mentioned that). :)

I was just stating that with all of that on, it lasted about 4.5 hours. Now, with my usual settings, wifi on (i am frequently connected), GPS on i can't get 5 hours out of it.

Upvote 0
Well, GPS on is usually not an issue unless you've got your location settings using GPS in stead of cell signals. But then you'd see the GPS satellite icon all the time. I leave it switched on all the time too but it only activates the antenna when an app requests it.

Sounds like the only big factor left is the wifi, which i rarely use so I can't really give you a basis for comparison.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones