• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CALENDAR for android

Are there any other Calender apps that are independent from Google Calender?

Google Calender can't do what I'm looking for. I want to put my class schedule on my Droid but I have a class that goes Mon.-Thurs. and have practice Sun. through Tues. and other odd times that I can't figure out how to schedule into Google Calendar.

Anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks!
-Gabe

When I try to schedule an event my options for repeating are: Does not repeat, Daily, Every Weekday (Mon-Fri), Every Tues. Thurs., Weekly, Monthly, and Yearly.

None of those fit my practice which is Sun, Mon, Tues. I know I can put 3 diff entries for those three days on weekly repeat but life should be easier!

Or one of my classes that go from Mon-Thurs. every week.

And while this is only two events, I wouldn't want to do this for every event in the future!

If I can do it, how do I?!

Mucho thanks for responding!
-Gabe

Edit: I am doing it from the PC now anyways, figured it'd be easier to figure this thing out.

Upvote 0
None of those fit my practice which is Sun, Mon, Tues. I know I can put 3 diff entries for those three days on weekly repeat but life should be easier!

Easy enough, but maybe not obvious when you start.

1. Create event.
2. Name event under "what"
3. Select repeats weekly
4. New options open - select repeats on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday

That should do it.

Upvote 0
Try Gemini Calendar from the Market. It makes it super easy to do what you need it to do.

I second this as Gemini is a great front end app to the calendar. I also agree that you should learn how to use Google Calendar from a PC. It makes it ten times easier to see what you are doing and, therefore, will have a better experience using the calendar on the phone.

Kratos

Upvote 0
Easy enough, but maybe not obvious when you start.

1. Create event.
2. Name event under "what"
3. Select repeats weekly
4. New options open - select repeats on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday

That should do it.

You know what? I forgot those were check boxes instead of radio buttons. Ugh, now I need to get rid of a bunch of events...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones