• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calendar icon

jkmasi

Android Enthusiast
Jan 24, 2010
This is a small problem, but one I haven't been able to find the answer to by searching. I use NOVA Prime, so my app icons are not the same as stock so I did not notice this until a coworker with a Maxx asked me about this.

The stock calendar app icon very nicely has today's date on it. However, the date on the icon does not advance automatically unless you open the calendar app and hit refresh. I'm not sure if it would eventually advance as I interact with my calendar in other ways, but when I first look at the icon in the morning, it still has yesterday's date on it. Any idea what controls this, or how to fix it?

My coworker is using the stock launcher and the date on the calendar app icon does not advance to today's date until she opens the calendar and hits refresh. She does not even have NOVA installed. I was merely pointing out that I use NOVA, and that is why I never noticed the problem until now. My calendar app icon doesn't even have the date on it :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
As you guessed, if you use the stock launcher and put an icon for Motorola's stock Calendar app onto a home page, the icon will show the numeral for today's date automatically. Like the Droid Command Center, it depends on using the Motorola stock launcher. Any third party launcher that I have tried will not replicate this behavior.

I say the Motorola stock calendar app because if you install Google's nearly identical calendar app from the Play Store, it will not change the icon to show today's calendar day of the month on the stock launcher.

Upvote 0
My coworker is using the stock launcher and the date on the calendar app icon does not advance to today's date until she opens the calendar and hits refresh. She does not even have NOVA installed. I was merely pointing out that I use NOVA, and that is why I never noticed the problem until now. My calendar app icon doesn't even have the date on it

Noted ... I was reading it a different way ... the answer to your original question is ... no.

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones