1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

calendar issues after 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gmcgirt, Feb 23, 2011.

1. gmcgirt

gmcgirt Newbie

upgraded to 2.2 today via push. Everything synced back to the phone perfectly EXCEPT google calendar events. None. Not a one. NADA. Zip.

Help? I have checked every setting in the phone (I think). Everything points to the fact that it is connected to my google account and should be syncing. I even performed a manual sync account (with e-mail, contacts, calendar, etc. all checked). Still nothing.

This is huge. Anyone suffering from the same thing?

Thanks in advance.

EpicBoss likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Clipper13

Clipper13 Lurker

Yes. I have just received the update and the calendar is not syncing. Am hoping it's just a matter of time but the contacts synced very quickly. No calendar. .. Gotta think there's a way for it to work. Otherwise this could def suck.

EpicBoss likes this.
  3. EpicBoss

EpicBoss Newbie

Big Prob! Same here, no Calendar Sync following upgrade to 2.2. Interestingly the calendar in my phone has picked up Outlook schedule items that came into my corporate email account (using MailDroid 1.8 Pro) while I was on the road today (I don't use Exchange). I didn't open them but they embedded in my calendar just like Outlook does on my desktop. This did not work under the previous version of the Android OS.
    We need some Expert help here folks!

4. EpicBoss

EpicBoss Newbie

if you are syncing your calendar with Google, you need to delete all the calendar data on the phone and it should resync and everything will reappear.

Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All

I cleared the data on both Calendar and Calendar Storage and all my Calendar items reappared after a few min.

dshreve53, egkor and Deleted User like this.
  5. Deleted User likes this.
  6. douglaslem88

douglaslem88 Well-Known Member

i added a bunch of calendar items but put it on the phone. How do I copy those so I can put them on the google calendar so they will sync?

7. gmcgirt

gmcgirt Newbie

out of pure frustration, I reset to factory and on restart (and subsequent log-in) everything worked and synched. Now. . .I'm still trying to get my phone back to "my" settings.

8. gmcgirt

gmcgirt Newbie

found this in another thread for those of you still dealing with this issue

egkor likes this.
  9. rmingee

rmingee Well-Known Member

If you edit a calendar entry, one of the things you can change in the calendar on which it resides - so just edit and change them to your Google calendar. I don't know aof a way to do that in "batch" mode, so I think you'll have to edit each individually unless someone else knows a way to group-edit. Good luck!

-- robert

10. egkor

egkor Member

I updated my Epic to Froyo 2.2, stock EB13, and eventually noticed the Calendar sync issue.

The posts here in this thread helped me easily fix the issue (clearing Calendar Storage data).

Thanks very much for everyone's posts about the issue and the solution!

-Gary K

Samsung Epic 4G Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G release date was September 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

September 2010
Release Date
Reviews