1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Calendar Issues on Samsung Galaxy s2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by s2agarwal, Dec 2, 2011.

1. s2agarwal

s2agarwal Newbie
    None

Nov 27, 2011
    I have couple of issues that I'm facing with the Samsung Galaxy S2.

1. I do not get an alert on my phone when the new calendar entry starts. Suppose I set a time for 1 pm meet Katie. I just get a notification on the status bar. I have to click that and then it shows me that I have a calendar reminder. I would like to know how it can flash on my screen like a clock alarm does. In Calendar settings I have changed notification to alert, even then I do not get alerts like I want.

2. How can I set up reminders through voice talk in Samsung Galaxy S2.

Please help!!

Advertisement

2. semus

semus Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    Male
    well,
    1) when you set up a calendar entry, scroll all the way down, there's an option near the end - "Reminder", click on the plus and then it will remind you, you can have a few reminders.

2) i think you say "Remind me to _______" and it will ask you when, and ask you to confirm... but im not sure

s2agarwal likes this.
  3. s2agarwal

s2agarwal Newbie
    None

Nov 27, 2011
    Dear Semus,

Thank you for your kind reply! Truly appreciate your advice on the calendar. As it is I like to explore my phone to the fullest and end up with problems/questions every week. Much appreciated.

I tried the second one to but didn't work. Thank you though and I will keep trying to figure this out.

4. hashinzsv

hashinzsv Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    I have the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S2 calendar. I have tried reminders in different times. (On time, 5 min before, etc) but it doesn’t work. It works for the first time but not after that. Any idea how can I activate the calendar reminder permanently?

5. 2skinner

2skinner Lurker
    None

Mar 11, 2012
    There seems to be a few people with this problem. Anyone find out what the issue is or how to fix it?

6. vazizdaz

vazizdaz Newbie
    None

Oct 17, 2011
    About issue 1: apart from setting the reminder for you entry, you have to choose how you want to be reminded in settings. It is either a notification on the status bar or a signal (just translating from Dutch version I use).

7. jon tomes

jon tomes Lurker
    None

Mar 9, 2012
    cork, ireland
    same problem here

8. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    Male
    UK
    it's not unusual!
    Sorry I thought that said tom. Oh my eyes! :D

Do you have calendar notifications set to status bar or alert, and do you have a ringtone set for calendar notifications?

9. 2skinner

2skinner Lurker
    None

Mar 11, 2012
    hi there i have had the same problem on 4 phones now! after many many hours of testing and research i have narrowed it down to when i use the packet data the calandar alerts start to fail. if you just connect to internet with wifi. (remove the sim card) its fine n probs at all. everyone i have talked to has thought im mad!! even the warrenty testers said they couldnt replicate the fault and as soon as i got it back i tested it again and the second alert didnt go off. so try your phone with no sim card next time your at home for the day and see! my latest phone is back at the warrenty fixing people now that i have been able to tell them exactly what is causing the problem! so i should know within the next week if its fixable or not.

cheers mark

10. mohan2k6

mohan2k6 Lurker
    None

Jun 26, 2012
    Hi,
    Did you manage to find a solution for missing calendar reminder alarms. My Samsung captivate run on firefly froyo ROM and has the same issue most of you have with calendar reminder events. DId you actually manage to find a solution?