• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calendar items not syncing for some changes

CharlesLewis

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2010
I just got an old Droid from my daughter that my wife is now using; I have a Droid X. I noticed that one of our appointments was an all-day item and changed it to a specific time on my MacBook. It shows up correctly on my Droid X, but the appointment is still listed as all day on my wife's phone.

if I edit the appointment on her phone and make no changes (so it is still all day there), it switches to all day again on my phone. I also entered a new test appointment for a specific time on my Droid X; it shows up correctly on her phone. I changed the time several times, and the changes seem to sync correctly. But that all day appointment still shows up as all day!

Could there be some reason why switching from an all day to a specific time might cause a hiccup when syncing to her phone? I suspect I could delete the appointment all together and re-enter it as the time I need, but I really need to figure out what's going on so she won't have any problems with other appointments on her calendar.

We are both using the same Google Calendar (and email) address since we seldom have any appointments that don't involve the other in some way.

Calendar events are stored locally on the phone after it sync's. It could be that the entry for that event has been corrupted and the phone locked the record. Since other events are syncing correctly, I'd just delete the entry from her phone and then recreate it. If it continues to happen, then there is something else going on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones