• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calendar not syncing after .596 update

I had/am having the same issue. I found out after a lot of searching that Gingerbread does things differently. If you put a new event into your phone, the default is "Phone Calendar" but there is also an option for your gmail calendar. It's at the very top when you set up a new event. I haven't tested it yet, but I would think if you add an event to your online google calendar, it will still be sent to your phone, just not the other way around unless you select the gmail calendar. I did update an event that was on the phone prior to the update as well as online, and it updated it in both places. Kinda lame that you can't set the gmail one as your default, and I haven't yet found a way to sync the phone clanedar with the online one.

Also, when I pull up my list of calendars, it shows all the ones I have access to: Phone Calendar, My Gmail, My wife's gmail, and US Holidays. There are options to view and or sync each one, BUT the sync option for the phone calendar won't let me select that option. WTF?

Who thinks up of this stuff!?!?!?

Reactions: LaZeR
Upvote 0
I had/am having the same issue. I found out after a lot of searching that Gingerbread does things differently. If you put a new event into your phone, the default is "Phone Calendar" but there is also an option for your gmail calendar. It's at the very top when you set up a new event. I haven't tested it yet, but I would think if you add an event to your online google calendar, it will still be sent to your phone, just not the other way around unless you select the gmail calendar. I did update an event that was on the phone prior to the update as well as online, and it updated it in both places. Kinda lame that you can't set the gmail one as your default, and I haven't yet found a way to sync the phone clanedar with the online one.

Who thinks up of this stuff!?!?!?

Thanks but actually it's my online calendar that is no longer syncing back to the phone. As in all the appointments I have set up before the update were on the phone or between say flashing a rom, ect.. in the past would return to the phone but after the .596 update, they are no longer showing up on the phone.

Upvote 0
Just to add, that under My Accounts/ Google account - I get this message on the sync page for the calendar:

"Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

Everything else, email, ect... syncs just fine without issue.

Ah! I see. I think I saw that same error mentioned elsewhere. Unfortunately, I can't remember the exact fix. It was one of the following:
- Reboot
- Remove your account from the phone and then add it back
- Last resort, factory reset :(

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones