1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Calendar not Syncing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by webmanoffesto, May 10, 2012.

1. webmanoffesto

webmanoffesto Newbie
    None

Sep 22, 2010
    I'm having terrible Calendar Sync Problems.
    I use Google Calendar to view my calendar on my desktop computer. I use Pimlical for the calendar on my Android smartphone. I have a serious problem with appointments which should appear both on my handheld device and my Google Calendar appearing on only one or the other.
    If I'm "on the road" and my "meeting with Jim" only shows up on my Google Calendar (at home on my desktop) and I miss the "meeting with Jim" that's a big problem. Also, I don't have 3G (data plan) so my phone only syncs when I'm at home (via WiFi). That should be okay.
    And I use a lot of recurring events (e.g. I meet Jim every Wednesday at 13:00). But, of course, some weeks I change that meeting to Thursday at 13:00. And I may make that change on my handheld while "on the road". I expect that change to be correctly made in my Google calendar when I get home and (automatically) sync via WiFi.
    It seems that is not happening. I may end up with that meeting scheduled for both Weds and Thurs.
    Beyond that, it seems that some events created on the desktop computer or on the smartphone don't get synced across to the other device. Please help me to resolve this problem.
    Firmware 2.3.3 Gingerbread
    Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000
    Calendar 1.1
    PimlicalA 1.18.2 (Calendar)

Advertisement