• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calendar Partial Wake

pdykstra

May 1, 2010
I have been noticing that the Calendar is always at the top of the partial wake usage when I check it in spare parts. As of right now my phone has been unplugged for 3 hours and the calendar has held a 30 minute partial wake lock. The second on the list is the Android system which has only held a 4 minute partial wake lock. Is this normal for the calendar to hold a partial wake lock like this? I heard about the Flickr bug but I do not sync my account with Flickr and never have. I'm not even syncing my calendar with Google currently.

I notice the same issue as well. I do not use the Calendar widget, turned off all Calendar services using Advanced Task killer, using ASTRO Tools, and "Running Services" in Settings. However I still see the partialwake time increasing for Calendar and its draining the battery. Not sure how Calendar is running in the background.

Upvote 0
I've had this same problem on my Sprint Hero since I updated it to Android 2.1 back in May. The issue has persisted every time I re-flash the Sprint RUU.

I've found that I can stop the partial wake lock if after I boot up my phone, I start the calendar, and while the app is open, I open a task killer and kill the calendar app. After that it seems like when the calendar syncs it does so without a partial wake lock lasting minutes or hours.

I'm going to flash a custom ROM in a couple days, and hopefully that will solve the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones